I am 42 years old, taking HRT and had two periods where I hemorrhaged menstrual blood. The first time I was getting into the shower, and blood suddenly flowed out as I stepped in forming a puddle about the size of a dinner plate. I ran to the toilet and passed some huge clots as well. The blood loss was similar to the loss of fluid when my waters broke during pregnancy, e.g. a huge amount all at once. This happened again a month or so later when my period was due--huge blood loss all at once then a minimal flow for a couple of days. My ultrasound afterward showed fibroids, enlarged uterus, and thickened endometrial lining. I am also toxically tired--so much so that I am dysfunctional by the end of the day. My doctor has recommended an endometrial ablation and hysteroscopy. Do others have such problems? What is the best course of action?

There are several alternatives to think of instead of a hysteroscopy. I heard after you have one years later the bleeding continues.