Would prednisone help me reduce my iritis symptoms? I actually have iritis that comes and go but whenever I get it I have problem with forgetting to use prescribed eye drops that are suppose to reduce my iritis symptoms. the thing is I spent so much time at my work and am so busy I forget about eye drops despite the fact that my eyes itches and despite some other iritis symptoms. So do you think I might consider the possibility of having prednisone treatment?

I might have some solution for you to keep having eye drops treatment – set up your cellular alarm to remind you every time you need to take eye drops. I have iritis also and that is how I solved my problem about forgetting to take my regular eye drops several times a day. I actually was considering the possibility of having oral iritis treatment meaning taking prednisone but finally I decided not to have it. The main reason for I refused to have prednisone treatment is the fact that prednisone is in fact a synthetic corticosteroid drug that usually needs to be taken oral and finally I’ve heard of possible prednisone side effects such as depression, mania, or some other psychiatric conditions, constant weakness and fatigue, blurred vision, pain in the abdomen, infections and it also may cause face swelling and weight gain….. Goodness those are the things I ‘would rather avoid so I’m still on my eye drops iritis treatment few times a day so what- it doesn’t cost me too much time 2 or 3 min per eye meaning around 15 minutes per day and if you reconsider it it’s not too much of your time for making you feel better.

Long term use of prednisone drops can lead to eye pressure and cause glaucoma so you must be careful and use only under the care of your ophthalmologist.