At first my eyes started to water, the water (or fluid) from my eyes was burning the skin around my eyes, in particular the skin on the inner lids (near my nose). The doctor gave me some drops and a cream. The itchiness has subsided although not disappeared, and the redness of the skin has gone, but every morning I wake up, my eyelids are so swollen that the skin looks raw. Please what can I do to recitify this situation?

Once I had viral conjunctivitis with the same symptoms you described, there was watery discharge and redness. The doctor I went to didn’t want to prescribe anything to me and he said that it will go away on its own. And it did. What did your doctor tell you your condition is anyway? Are you allergic to something?

Well, I had viral conjunctivitis one time and went to the doc. The doc said to make a cup of hot tea with a couple of lipton tea bags.. Take some gauze and dip it in, then wipe your (closed eye) with it. Do that a few times a day. Worked like a charm for me... I was clear in about three to four days. He said it was the tanic acids in the black tea that help fight it off.

Maybe this will help you. I'm copying the following post because it turned out to be the same diagnosis for me: "Doctors FINALLY found out my eye swelling, itchiness, and dry eyes was caused by strep germs--or staph, BOTH can do this to your eyes, and it's nearly impossible to tell which without a biopsy or something, but they are both treated the same way--with oral antibiotic. It is dangerous (in rare cases) to let this go on without treatment, for fear of spreading the strep/staph into the brain, my eye doctor said. For me, it took two courses of antibiotic pills to clear it completely up. I never knew until this that the same germs that can cause strep throat can cause eye infection! That, and staph, can enter your skin around the eye area through the slightest scratch or opening. (In my case, I suspect it was from my tweezer. Now, I sterilize it in the dishwasher once a week.) I tried over the counter antibiotic cream, and that made it worse. The doctor said I should have used ointment, not cream... but he preferred I just take the oral antibiotics. Also, because of the damage done from getting this more than once, I now have dry eyes. This good eye doctor I found who helped me discover the strep/staph (instead of just writing it off as blepharitis) also advised me to only use eye drops containing "cellulose" since that helps soothe dry eyes the best. Just like with blepharitis, strep or staph eye infections is soothed during healing, by soaking your eyes in clean bath water/shower as warm as you can stand it, and/or moist hot compresses, such as a soft washcloth and very warm water. Eye drops help the soreness. Anti-inflammatories of your choice (aspirin, ibuprofen) help the swelling and the pain. But if your body can't fight off the strep or staph on it's own, you will require oral antibiotics. Remember, strep and staph germs are EVERYWHERE. If they invade your eye, you will get symptoms and need treatment."

What did you do to stop the irritation around your eyes.Please help thank you.