Since last week I’m feeling constant eye pain. I went to ophthalogist and he said that I had iritis. I didn’t know what it is but he explained to me something. I understood that it isn’t dangerous. But after it my friend told me that cause cataract. Can iritis eventually lead to cataract?

Well, you don’t need to worry. You probably started with your treatment for iritis. Only if you left it untreated, it may lead to glaucoma, cataract, and optic nerve atrophy. At the end it can cause blindness. Just be patient, listen to your ophthalogist and everything will be ok. Good luck!

Well,
Cataracts are cloudy patches in the lens of the eye and iritis is the inflammation of the middle layer of the eye called uvea. Now if the iritis gets complicated it can lead to cataracts. They can make vision blurred or misty and can develop in one or both eyes. Surgery for cataract is one of the most common performed surgeries and one of the quickest surgeries there are. So this is a routine procedure which if I am not mistaking it will not hurt at all. So you should discuss this with your doctor in order to see what can be done to treat the condition that you have currently.

All the best,
Nelie