My mother has problems with eye and left part of her face's muscles. And she just was diagnosed with neuro sarcoidosis so I am curious now if this condition could lead to a stroke or what is this neuro sarcoidosis thing actually-I never heard of that and what are other symptoms of neuro sarcoidosis and I also wonder would prednisone be of help for that is what she was prescribed? Thanks!

Your mum belongs to those group of 1%of people whose central nervous system is affected by neuro sarcoidosis condition-it usually starts on lung area and that is whre it ends up until disappeared but in some rare cases it spreads on heart or in your mum's case on central nervous system and than it is called neuro sarcoidosis and the symptoms may get worse by the time-dizziness, numb in the legs area, eye and vision problem, confusion and orientation problems and vertigo situations and so on. I had sarcoidosis but it affected only my lings and it disappeared on its own after 2 years without any treatment but I am sure that in cases of neuro sarcoidosis the common treatment is prednisone-that is an corticosteroids and anti inflammatory drug for you know this is in fact inflammatory disease caused with some immune system failure and I think you should consider the possibility your mum combines the prednisone with some antidepressants for it is common that this condition may easily provoke some depression conditions also.