Can someone tell me if vision problems have something to do with RA? The thing is that my mom is diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis few years ago but in the meantime she developed some vision problems regarding her dry eyes at first place that are itchy and reddish most of the time but she also have trouble with dry skin and dry mouth and dry cough that persists but what concerns me the most is her vision problems. I am actually concerned if these vision problems are related to the meds she is taking to treat RA or vision problems is something that usually comes with RA?

According to the symptoms you have described it is more likely your mom has developed Sjorgen’s syndrome that could cause vision problems and usually comes along with RA meaning that patients with RA are more likely to develop Sjorgen's syndrome at one point and therefore are about to have trouble with dry eyes for the lack of tear production caused by RA condition but also very common is dry skin and mouth and persistent dry cough as well as increased probability of developing oral infection such as candidacies. Anyway Sjorgen's syndrome is an autoimmune disorder meaning the organism attacks itself and its exact cause is still unknown but in some cases it is very common in patients with RA-my mom also has RA with vision problems and her doc claims it usually comes along with each other and the only treatment available so far is based on using some RA meds along with regular use of eye drops or artificial tears.