I had my baby 9 months ago but I never really stopped bleeding. Right after I had her I bled for a long time without stopping but after maybe 2 or 3 months I would stop for a couple days but always start back up. Most of the time it was pretty light but it was dark and kinda a sticky like. Once I stopped for at least a 3 weeks and I had thought maybe it was going to go back to being normal again, but once I started bleeding again it didn’t stop for much time in between like before. I recently stopped again for a longer but now when I started again it was very heavy and bright red. It lasted strong like that for about 7-8 days then stopped. Then maybe about a week later it started like that again. It lasted only a couple a days then stopped for a couple then started back up just as heavy and lasted another week. Once it stopped it only stopped for a couple days then started again and that is where I am today. I also have been getting horrible migraines almost every time it starts. There is slight cramping but nothing unbearable. Is there something seriously wrong or is it just my hormones? Also I am not currently on birth control. I had the shot right before I left the hospital but that was only good for 3 months. I haven’t been on any other since. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

i have the same exact thing happening know whats wrong yet

I ahd my daughter 9 months ago and i ahve been bleeding on and off like i iwll bleed for three months straight and then out of the blue i will stop for about three or four days and then start right back up and it has been non-stop i went to see my doctor and she checked for a infection and if i could be pregnant and both were negative,so she thinks that it is my body trying to get back to normal i just dont know cause it will be a year soon and i am also anemic so i am very worried what is wrong?

I delivered my 1st child a son vaginally in July of 2006. After giving birth, I bled non stop throughout July and August. On Septermber 9-13 I had a normal period. On October 17-19; I bled again but only for 3 days. I didn't bleed at all in November, but started feeling nausea around Thanksgiving. I bled for the whole month of December. It started out as a brown discharge and then looked like a normal period. It is January 08 now and I am still bleeding. I have been feeling extremely tired, nausea and my appetite has increased. I also have gained weight since giving birth. I threw up one morning in December. It started out as a yellow liquid, and then I threw up my breakfast. I also felt like I was running a fever. That was the only time that happened. I thought my periods were back on track since giving birth, but am still bleeding and experiencing some pains in my stomach. The only time I breastfed my son was in the hospital. What could be wrong with me?

Hello, I know this was done prob. a year ago, But I just delivered my first baby and had the exact same thing happen to me, the doc seems to think I had some placenta left inside which would have been the reason I was bleeding for 6-7 weeks heavily bright red, so I went on anti-biotics and it seemed to have work for about a week then it started again.. and its been on and off. I stopped for a good 2 weeks.. maybe a week and now its just as heavy and bright red. its too much blood to be losing especially if it is just your aunt flow.
Anyways I was just curious if any of you who commented found out anything from their docs. I would really like to know :-) Thank you!
Dana

i am experiencing the same exact situations bleeding for several months after giving birth. drs put me on the pill to stop the bleeding and it didn't help i am still bleeding. can anyone who has experienced non-stop bleeding please get back to me with answers? i am desperate for help my dr is not listening to me!!!

i would greatly appreciate your feedback!

Thank you in advance

!!!!

Well i have the same problems as you guys and im at my teather.
I have been blleding non stop for 14month after giving birth to my daughter, i had a ultrasound done- NORMAL, was tried to numerous pills but it didnt stop it at all, i now have a mirena fitted and still no change, heading back to the doctors this weeks afer i finish my primolut (which was meant to stop it) to see what my options are next, This problem is controlling my life i dont know what to do, this is depressing all i want to do is to be able to do normal things like sex with my partner who by the way has been so supportive.
Anyway i hope to get a reply from this

I'm so releaved that i am not the only one going through all this. I have had the same problem, i had my daughter in June 2010 and as of yet not stopped bleeding. There have been several things gone on and i have just blamed it on that. I went on the Depo injection soon after i had given birth because the pregnancy was un expected and i didnt want another straight away. i have always had trouble with pills so gave them up when i got into a serious relationship and just used condoms. Anyway....... yeah went onto depo and had a tooth abcess that went on for months, so was on antibiotics for a long period of time, i thought i was bleeding because of that. But got all that sorted, had to tooth out and i still carried on, brought it up witht he nurse and she said it will stop after the 3rd course. whitch is like 6 months. anyway still carried on bleeding some days were worse than others. Started having side affects with Depo inj so came off that and bled even heavier.... knew it could be realated so just carried on. I should of had me last injection veginning of March but didnt go. and i'm still bleeding. Just lately however i feel knacked and run down, feel sicka nd just not myself. Usually i'm up and about running after sheep, taking dogs for a walk. I was a early bird before all this started but now i carnt get up to save me life. I just feel groggy all the time. Anyway i've rung the doctors up and am off next tuesday to see them. dreading it really! but i think everything will be ok! fingers crossed!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. After I had my twins I bled off and on for about 15 months. everyone kept telling me it was normal and would change up my birth control. They put me on the othro evera patch and I've been on that for 6 months and for the past year ive been going through night sweats cold chills, mood swings, hair loss, and I'm extremely tired all the time. When I brought it up to my doctor they checked my iron and it was normal. Then i was told once again that everything was normal. I just need some advise

I am the exact same way! I had my daughter on February 26th 2011 I had the depo shot before i left the hospital and never got it again after the three months was up and i am still bleeding i did stop for a few days and then i thought i got my period but its been way longer than a aweek so i dunno! its the exact same way as KITTEN, EXACTLY! Kinda worries me. not so much now that I see its not only me going through this!  I no longer have a doctor should i go to emerg??. should i be worried ??

Same thing !!! im just sooo sick of this !! i called doctor again after being put on the pill... ultrasound normal... im soooo tired. have been on my "period" for six weeks, had my baby 5 months ago , is this what i get for having a baby!  soooo irratated and no answers .

Did anyone find out anything???  I have the same thing. I had my son the end of July and bled for 5 months without stopping. Finally in January, it stopped and I thought it went back to normal, but it didnt. I'll quit for a few days then start right back again sometimes theres pains and sometimes theres not but usually it isn't too bad. My son is now 10 months old and I just want to be normal again. If you guys find out anything it would be great to know.

Hi I had my baby nearly 9 months ago and had to have the placenta manually removed after having him. Since giving birth I bleed for around 3 months non stop, then went back on the pill and Dr sent me for a scan that showed there could possibly have been some placenta left behind so on Dr orders I came off my pill for 3 months to let my body sort itself out. Now I am back on my pill which should have stopped my periods all together except I have had 2 (7day bleeds) in the past 3 weeks. I'm so scared of going back to the doctor and them doing tests. I have also been getting headaches and very fuzzy headed. I have been putting off the dr for a month now and no I really need to see him but Im worried that if they start investingatinmg they might find something horrible. If this sounds familier to anyone could you please let me know what the outcome for you was. I have not told anyone how worried I am but really need some support. Thanks.

i just had my son 9 months ago and i have the same problem. and cant figure out y. but i still have it and have been throw 3 docs and they all say the same thing. so im not sure what else to do but wait it out. im worried thuts 4 sure!!!!!!! 2day is the worst ive had my period. if any1  has any answers it would be nice if all of use could get the answer and it all stops and goes back to normal. srry im tryin to write a short version of all this. i almost thought i was alone in this, but now i c im not the only 1 with this. has any1 stop bleeding is my ??????//  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have a very similar problem.  My daughter is 6 months old and I still irregularly bleed.  I have been on Depo shots since she was 6 weeks old.  I am also on Zoloft for PND, is anyone else on similar medication?  I thought there might have been a chance that this was causing it.  I am booked in for an ultrasound in 3 days to check for any retained placenta.