Hello, folks. My kid has been ill and at first we didn’t realize it was something serious. After some tests, it appears it has lymphoblastic leukemia! I must admit that this is something that came out suddenly. Can someone provide me with more info? I would really appreciate it. Thanks and bye!

Hi, there. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is a form of leukemia – cancer of white blood cells, especially lymhpoblasts. These cells multiply without any control in the bone marrow. They spread in other organs and damage them. Onset symptoms are not characteristic. Anemia and fatigue are present. There can be weight loss and joint pain. Frequent infections and petechiae (small skin bleeding) are also present. The prognosis is serious. You must discuss your kid’s treatment options with an expert. I hope everything will be all right.