Hi, I have a general question...
Can Naproxen be used for boils?

Thank you

Ummm.. not really sure what you mean. Naproxen is a pain relief medication. I guess it could be used to relieve some of the pain associated with a boil, but I don't think it would be particularily effectivce.

Other than that, I don't see what it's use would be with respect to boils.

I have one on my thigh size of a siler dollar never had one that big before

pain yea but swelling?

Health Guru

Naproxen is used to relieve pain from various conditions such as headaches, muscle aches, tendonitis, dental pain, and menstrual cramps. It also reduces pain, swelling, and joint stiffness caused by arthritis, bursitis, and gout attacks. This medication is known as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking your body's production of certain natural substances that cause inflammation.

What Conditions does Naproxen Tablet Treat? Joint Inflammatory Disease in Children and Young Adults Pain Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function Inflammation of the Tendon Rheumatoid Arthritis Painful Periods Rheumatic Disease causing Pain & Stiffness in Backbone Inflammation of the Sac Surrounding the Joint - Bursitis Muscle Pain Fever Head Pain Mild Pain associated with Arthritis Toothache Fever Head Pain Minor Musculoskeletal Injury Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis Inflammation of the Tendon Inflammation of the Sac Surrounding the Joint - Bursitis Painful Periods Pain Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function Joint Inflammatory Disease in Children and Young Adults Rheumatoid Arthritis Gout Rheumatic Disease causing Pain & Stiffness in Backbone Migraine Headache I very much doubt it would have any effect on treating a boil because the swelling caused by a boil is puss that would need to be treated with antibiotics!