Hi, my mother has a problem. It is serious condition called lupus. I have been reading something about it, but I don’t know enough. I have read that it can be treated with NSAID drugs. I would like to know why they are used for lupus and which one of them is usually prescribed for this condition.

I understand you concern for your mother, lupus can be serious condition. Like the name says non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used to relive inflammation and pain. They reduce joint pain, muscle pain and swelling in persons with lupus. The drugs often used are aspirin, naproxen sodium and ibuprofen. But it would be wise to consult the doctor before using it because of possible side effects.