My father is 65 years old. He has been dealing with high pressure for quite some time. He took a lot of medications, but as I have noticed, he was not strict with his therapy. On the other hand, he did not listen to doctors advices concerning diet. Last time doctor prescribed him with digitek, but since he has already been taking digoxin in the past, I would like to know is digitek the same medicine as digoxin (lanoxin)?

Yes, digitek and digoxin are actually the same medications. Generic name of digitek is digoxin. This is a drug that affects heart function, especially is important for treating heart insufficiency and heart arrhythmias. My advice would be that your father should be cautious with this drug, because it could damage the heart easily (risk is even more present because your father is not disciplined).