Hello everyone. My cousin Anabell is suspecting that she is dealing with variant angina. Why? Well, first she found that symptoms that she has are the indicators of this disease and she also went to talk to her doctor and he told her that some analysis needs to be done. I did some research about this diagnose, about this disease and I find out that this disease is the same thing like Prinzmental's angina? Is this true? If it is, I know a little bit about it since my husband has this diagnose as well. Is Variant Angina the same as Prinzmetal’s angina?

What does this disease do long term what are the symptoms

Hey there. Look, she haven't told me because we live in the another parts of the city. We occasionally talk on the skype and she mentioned this to me a two weeks ago I think. When I asked her for the first time how does she feels, she didn't know what to tell me. She just told me that she is feeling different. But a few days ago she mentioned me that she has some pain and discomfort in her chest and that this discomfort usually happens while she is resting and even during the night. Sometimes it has happened to her very early and she was so scared so she woke up her husband. I think that she is not using any kind of medications.

What city do you live in ? How is she doing now? So it's a heart disease

I live in San Diego. So as she, but she is at the totally different side of the city. She is generally feeling OK, she told me that she is not complaining about her current condition but she is scared a little bit. Because she was never sick like this before and now she needs to go to see her doctor to do a bunch of different analyses and test that can determine is she dealing with this or not. OK, I understand that this is a heart disease. Can you tell me is it dangerous, what to do with it? Some more information, please.

hi , guest. i live in san antonio texas i am not a doctor but my dad had heart disease and lived a normal life .was taking medice for it .the doctos would tell him to cut down on stress in other words take it easy .hopefull she will get better soon ,so how you like california

I understand, but I also do believe that every heart disease is different and that some of them are more dangerous than any other. I also do know that patients who are diagnosed with angina can have a huge problems in the life. Like I told you, my main problem is because I don't know that much about it. She will inform me about this, that is sure. But the thing that I want to know is Variant Angina the same as Prinzmetal’s angina? Do you maybe know anything about this?
Thank you for helping me.
What kind of issue your dad has? Was he using some medications to control it?

you seem to be more more educated in this than me.i think you are on the right path .do you work in the medical field?it seems to me that you do .all i know is that my dad was on blood pressure medication and some other heart medication . and he didnt die of that problem.and yor right every body is differnt in general.

Hi Guest,

Yes, I believe that these two are the same. 

Prinzmetal's angina may also be referred to as variant angina, Prinzmetal's variant angina or angina inversa.

Medicines can help control the spasms. Drugs such as calcium antagonists and nitrates are the mainstays of treatment. The spasms tend to come in cycles – appearing for a time, then going away. After six to 12 months of treatment, doctors may gradually reduce the medication. Prinzmetal's angina is a chronic condition that will need to be followed by your cousin's healthcare provider even though the prognosis is generally good. This shouldn't be much of an issue.

It's not that dangerous really. Angina is rarely dangerous, it just requires taking your medications regularly and the person who is having angina should be okay. If it happens to be severe, which really happens rarely, then this person might have to have a pacemaker placed. 

She should have went to see her doctor at the very beginning when she noticed that she is having these kind of symptoms. Angina is pretty much easy to diagnose by the person who is having it, the chest pain is easily noticeable and it cannot refer to anything else but to angina, it only comes down to what type of angina is she having.

Shouldn't be hard to treat. Treatments for angina include lifestyle changes, medicines, medical procedures, cardiac rehabilitation (rehab), and other therapies. The main goals of treatment are to reduce the pain and discomfort and how often it occurs, and to prevent or lower your risk for heart attack and death by treating your underlying heart condition

Lifestyle changes and medicines may be the only treatments needed if your symptoms are mild and aren't getting worse. If lifestyle changes and medicines don't control angina, you may need medical procedures or cardiac rehab.

Unstable angina is an emergency condition that requires treatment in a hospital.