Today I was at the pool and I think that sun just “kicked” me. I didn’t have a hat, I didn’t use any sun cream and I got really bad in the afternoon. My heart started to kick like crazy and I could feel this ugly chest pain. My husband is cardiologist and he checked my heart immediately. It is not beating properly, he said. He needs to do some tests as well, but I don’t know which test exactly. Actually, I don’t even want to ask anything about it. For what heart conditions doctor can prescribe Digoxin because he mentioned me that maybe I will use it?

Hey there. Wait, your hubby is a doctor and he didn’t told you nothing about this? Because he should tell you this.  Or maybe you didn’t want to hear that there is a possibility that something is wrong with your heart? It is not a classical medication, it is used to treat heart failures, but it is also used to treat atrial fibrillation – a heart disorder,  a heart arrhythmia disorder, etc.  You should not use digoxin if you have ventricular fibrillation (a heart rhythm disorder of the ventricles, or lower chambers of the heart that allow blood to flow out of the heart).

Hey there. You can’t use Digoxin alone. It is used to treat heart failure but with other medications, and that is why I believe that your hubby didn’t give you that much infomations. This medicine is also used to treat a certain type of irregular heartbeat, such as chronic atrial fibrillation. Treating heart failure may help maintain your ability to walk and exercise and may improve the strength of your heart. Treating an irregular heartbeat can decrease the risk for blood clots, an effect that may reduce your risk for a heart attack or stroke. But this Digoxin can also have some side – effects and you need to be aware of it.

Hey there. I remember that one lady from the mall where I am buying all my clothes and she mentioned me that she was using digoxin.  It is available as oral and in tablet solution. That lady was using tablets. She was using digoxin to treat atrial fibrillation. The dose is based on your weight, your age, kidney function and some other conditions and things, such as if you are taking some drugs as well. I think that doctor can start with large dose and then he will reduce it. There are some side – effects of this pills. For example, you can have diarrhea or breast enlargement.

Hey there guys. Well I don't know why he haven't told me what exactly is going on with me. I suppose that he don't want me to be worried because whenever is something wrong, I go on the internet and I am trying to find as much as I can about this. And guess what? Well, I think that I am always dying when I am reading those comments. So, I was reading about Digoxin as well and I found out that this has side - effects and that is my main concern. Can you inform me about them a little bit? Thank you...

Every medicine has its own side effects. Of course, I think that I should not mention that you should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking digoxin:

More common side – effects are :

• Dizziness
  • fainting
  • fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
  • slow heartbeat

Rare side – effects are :

• Black, tarry stools
  • bleeding gums
  • blood in the urine or stools
  • bloody vomit
  • pinpoint red spots on the skin
  • rash with flat lesions or small raised lesions on the skin
  • severe stomach pain
  • unusual bleeding or bruising

Other category of side – effects are:

• Chest pain or discomfort
  • nausea
  • shortness of breath
  • sweating
  • swelling of the feet and lower legs
  • troubled breathing
  • unusual tiredness or weakness