Hey there. I have one question for you that is very important to me. My wife is using digoxin for a long time. Maybe for three years now. But since she is using this medicine for that long, it looks like that she is now immune to it. Of course, we went to see the doctor and to consult him immediately, because I think that in those cases doctors change the therapy. But he told us that he won't change the therapy, all that he is going to do is to give her some other brand of Digoxin. What are the best brands of heart drug Digoxin?

Good day there. I understand why you are worried.
I am not sure did I understand this well, but I am sure that digoxin is only a digoxin. I don’t know that this medicine has some brand that is best. I do know that there are similar brands like Digoxin. I know that Digoxin is used to treat heart failure, usually along with other medications and I believe that somehow your doctor tried to tell you and your wife that he will prescribe some other medications along with digoxin. It is also used to treat a certain type of irregular heartbeat and treating heart failure may help maintain your ability to walk and exercise and may improve the strength of your heart.

Look, I am sure that I have heard very well what this doctor was telling to us. This is not a first time that I am visiting him for things like this and I am sure that he told me that he needs to think which brand is the best for her and for her treatment and that they will continue to treat her with it. He doesn't want to put her out from Digoxin. He will only add some other brand that is the best, but he needs to do some analyses again to see which one is the best for her condition. That is why I'm 100% sure that I have heard him telling this. No other medicines, just Digoxin.

Look, if your wife became immune to digoxin, another brand of digoxin won't change this. She became immune to digoxin which is also an ingredient of other digoxin brands, of course. If you still want to know other brands of digoxin, these are called Digox, Lanoxin, Digitek, and Cardoxin. They are classified as group V antiarrhythmics, and inotropic agents.

I seriously don't understand your doctor, I'm actually guessing that you didn't really understand him well. If your wife is immune to digoxin, none of these brands are going to help her, she needs to start taking another kind of medicine for her issue.

Hey Big Z,

Bee has a point here, she it totally right. Your wife can no longer treat her condition with digoxin, she needs to find another medicine, actually, her doctor needs to prescribe her with another medicine.

Some of the main medications for heart failure include: ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), hydralazine with nitrate, diuretics, aldosterone antagonists, sacubitril valsartan, and ivabradine. Every single one of these medications can help your wife more than digoxin can now. Actually, digoxin can't help her anymore at all. You need to go back to her doctor and ask him to prescribe one of these for her.

You surely didn't understand her doctor well, otherwise he would be considered such a bad doctor. I mean, if you are allergic to eggs for example, you can't eat anything that has eggs in it, right? It goes the same with digoxin which is just an ingredient of medications which Bee already wrote above. This means that your wife needs to start taking some different sort of medications. Katty wrote these for you and she is right, your wife can take any of those, she can benefit from all of them but you will need to talk to your wife's doctor first.

Hey there. Look The Big Z, don't be mad at me but I am pretty sure that you didn't understand the doctor's word very well. Why? Because I am sure that neither one of the doctors will recommend you and your wife to continue with Digoxin if she is immune to it. Someone already mentioned that, if she is immune to digoxin, and other kind of this medicine won't help her. So, maybe he told you that there are several types of this medicine, but that he can't recommend any of those because she is immune. That is just my guess, of course.