I'm 29 yrs old and I just gave birth to my second child, a beautiful baby girl 3 months ago (Dec. 11th 2009 to be exact) and just like after the birth of my son back in 2004, I would start to shed massive amounts of hair about 3 months postpartum. It's driving me CRAZY! I was at the salon on march 20th getting a much needed haircut and even the stylist joked about me shedding so much. My best friend also experienced this same problem after the birth of her first and only Daughter in 2008. I have talked to doctors and other women who have experienced pregnancy and It was explained to me that normally on a daily basis, the typical human sheds about 100 hairs a day, but during pregnancy the hair shed (due to hormones) slows down. After the pregnancy is over your body starts to shed hair again and it seems like excessive amounts because your also shedding 9 months of hair that didn't shed normally because of the pregnancy, so there for your not going bald your just shedding what never came out during the pregnancy. It does make sence to me because I don't see any bald patches, just TONS of hair in my brush and shower! What I want to know is there anyway to speed this excessive postpartum hair shed up to get it over with or prevent it all together during the next pregnancy????? PLEASE HELP!

Well..take lots of vitamins...but other than that no. there is no way to make it faster or anything. I have just had my 2nd child also, he is 7 mnths old now and I still lose handfuls of hair when I shower and when I brush my hair. It sucks but just try and get as much out during the shower and brush after your shower, it will not seem so bad after you do. I barely notice it if I brush my hair in the morning after my shower, if I dont its a scary amount.
hope this helps!

THANK YOU BLUECAT18!!!!! :-D

your very welcome!!! hope all is well!