Iam a 36 year old mother of two and i have a prolactin secreting microadanoma. Over last couple years i have noticed more hair loss than usual and my hair is getting thinner. I also have naturally curly hair and over the years i have been loosing curl. Has there been any studies on this? Is this common? And is there anything i can do about it? Rogaine? anything? I had beautiful hair. And is there any association to this for weight gain-metabolism issues. %-)

Sno - I am a 45 yr old mom of 2 girls and was diagnosed in 2004 with a pituitary microadenoma. I have been on and off of Bromocriptine for the last 4 years. I should be taking the medication daily but I take myself off just to see if my period comes back or not. After 2 months or so, it doesn't. I have also been suffering with hair loss for the last 20 years or so but usually after a large shed, the hair eventually grows back. However, in the last 5 yrs or so, my hair has become very thin and I'm starting to see wider hairlines on top and in the back center. After just seeing the Oprah Show with Dr. Oz, he discussed hair loss with a woman who he diagnosed with possibly having a pituitary tumor and that by taking medication, it should reverse her hair loss. Are you taking medication and if so, for how long? After seeing the show, I recently went back on the Bromocriptine that I stopped taking for the past 2-3 months...hopefully, my hair will stop excessively shedding.