Hello, I hope that you could help me out if you can. My friend is suffering from hair alopecia areata. I know that it has to do something with hair loss, but I am not that sure. I cannot ask him: it seems that he is very sensitive when it comes to this topic. So, do you know anything about it?

My ex girlfriend's brother had this condition – hair alopecia. It is loss of hair, but only on some parts of head. It is called areata because these parts are circle shaped. It could be a little embarrassing for patients suffering from this condition if they do not wear hat in the open, or shave their had. There are many medicaments for this disease, such as corticosteroids, dithranol, zinc. It is not a dangerous condition, only annoying.

My husband is 45 yrs. old. I met him at 30 yrs. and he was going bald but I didn't care. Last year what little hair he had left began to look like it was all dried out and sort of looked like when you see a person who has been on chemo. Anyway, I talked him into letting me shave off the rest of what was left. Well, since then he has lost every bit of hair on his whole body! I read that this is called Alopecia Universa. Believe it or not, he inherited this from his Mother! He's such a manly man, I feel so bad when bald jokes are told around him - I know he's sensitive to the fact that he has no hair anywhere. Is there anyone out there that knows anymore on this or if there's a chance of any hair ever growing back?

hi i m a woman in age 38 i have had hair loss from the age of 10 which i still have this problem m eyebrow & sometimes my eyelish is suffer from this illness , also many part of my hair was falled out . there are too many spots in my head which has no hair sometimes it get better & my hair regrew i just want to know do you think i will be fine after 28 years i have had this big problem for 28 i m so upset about it i lost my confdence compeletly anyway thank you bye[/url]