My husband is taking hydroxizine. He was prescribed with that medicine by the doctor for his rash. He has some red spots spread from his right leg, across his back to his neck. It looks like little pimples. But it doesn't seem to help. He is taking some round and white pills. Is that hydroxizine?

Are you sure that he is using the right medicine? As I know there are no white and round pills that are hydroxizine. There are two brand names for this medicine: Atarax and Vistaril. Atarax is in forms of triangular tablets with orange, green, red and yellow color. Vistaril is on form of capsules that can be in two tones of green, green/white and green/gray.

The generic form of Atarax which is hydroxizine can come in the form of a syrup or pill. These pills are small, white and round. They are usually prescribed for allergic reactions (25mg) but can also be used as a sedative (50mg-100mg). I am currently taking this for contact dermatitis.

i was perscribe hydroxizine for a dry skin patch, the itchiness for it. i was told that it could be used for itchiness, sleep, or anxiety.