4 days ago i came down with the flu, but i also noticed that my bottom gum for my 6 front teeth were swollen, discolored(bright red, grey) and irritated. 3 days later the roof of my mouth is swollen and irritated as well. it started with just onetooth but now it is across the whole top and it seems to only spread. i did bite the indisde of my lip and i figured it would be healed by now but its still there. its white/gray with a red circle around it. theres several bumps as well.

ive tried mouth wash and brushing with floride toothpaste. ive also tried peroxide.

can someone guide me in the right direction. either a remedie or should i see a dentist or a doctor.

thanks
aaron

my 2 year old has the exact same circumstances. her Dr told me its caused by the strep infection in her throat. shes also anemic looking, has joint pain, stomach ache, and fever, that he also blames on the strep. he put her on antibiotics. Can strep really cause all these symptoms? her gums are swollen on upper left. they look red from the front, but behind the teeth they look gray,red and rotten, her teeth look fine, but she is in a lot of pain. If anyone knows of anyway i can give her some relief please help!

I'm a 27 year old man, and who also has the same symptoms as your daughter - joint pain, stomach ache, fever, a very painful cough and I noticed this afternoon that my gums at the front of my mouth have turned white/grey. I thought I just had flu, but I think a trip to the doctor may be in order.

I have the same problem.My fever is gone (after 4 days) but I get a foul taste and the gums stay white & swollen on the roof of my mouth.When I wake up this white gooey stuff is on my gums in front.I see the dentist in one day so I will find out if this is just a flu.I read on-line it is white blood cells producing- tring to kill off the flu virus. It's reallly strange and I cannot eat anything too chewy or it hurts my gums (makes them bleed).I had great teeth before all this started.My neck lymph nodes are a little sollen too.Doctor said all this is a flu?

thank you very much guys now its clear to me that im not the only one who suffer in this kind of flu... can u tell me what medicine did u take.?