I have one problem and I am a bit embarassed. Recently I have noticed white balls in my stool. At first I was really surprised and after some time I started to get worried. Why does this happen? Should I go to doctor?

First of all, don't be embarassed because this is a question about your health. However, I can't diagnose your condition due to a fact that you did not give me enough information. It is difficult for me to say if something is wrong with you or not. I will try to give you some basic informations about causes of white or pale stool. White stool is abnormal but pale is not. Maybe you are taking some medication that are causing this, because some medications can have this kind of side-effects. Intestinal infection can cause temporary changes in the color of the stool. As the intestines recover, the color of the stool returns to normal. White stool is due to lack of bilirubin and it suggests some form of intestinal obstruction. Also, some other diseases and conditions can cause light-colored stool like: celiac disease, hepatitis A, B and C etc. You need to schedule physical examination because doctor is the only one who can tell you what is causing white balls in your stool.

I agree. This is a health forum and we are trying to help you as much as we can.

I think that everything that you have described in your post means that you are dealing with some infection.

White stool  can be caused by so many different things, but I do know that there is a condition called giardia. When we are talking about this, you should know that this is a condition where there is a parasitic infection from drinking water and small cystlike objects are found in the stool. Although some people may have a parasitic infection and have no signs and symptoms. It can't be nothing, but just to be sure, you should seek what this is. 

I experienced the same problem, and it was my medication. Metformin. I guess some medication has surface value, and the remainder gets passed.

I also take Metformin and have found pale balls in my stool - often around the size of a small olive. Bizarre, but it started just after i started taking the Metformin....

If you are on the extended release Metformin, what you are seeing is the shell/base of the pill after the drug has been absorbed. It leaves a bloated remain that often passes through

Wow I have been having the same problem..this forum really helped! Mostly because I take Metformin!!! The odd thing is I have been taking it for almost 2 years and just recently (past 2 months) noticed the pale/white balls.....hmph!

I have been taking metformin release tablets and have just noticed the floating white ball the size of the pill shell if nit just a bit larger.. i was worried until i read this forum ....so thank you very much for the excellent information....

Cheers

I was pretty upset to see one of these in my stool after a particulary uncomfortable bowel movement. This is from the insert that comes with the metformin/glucophage pills:

"GLUCOPHAGE XR must be swallowed whole and never crushed or chewed. Occasionally, the inactive of GLUCOPHAGE XR may be eliminated as a soft mass in your stool that may look like the original tablet; this is not harmful and will not affect the way GLUCOPHAGE XR works to control your diabetes."

My pills are dry and not in a casing or gel cap type form but I was very relieved to see that this is perfectly normal.

I just recently started noticing the same thing and have just started taking a supplement made by Cellucor for fat burning. It too is in a capsule...I am assuming that the small yellowish-white particles I see in my stool are the remains of what is inside the capsule. Makes sense....

i am a 61 yr old woman and diabetic since 2 years and taking Amaryl 1 twice daily. recently i am passing white coured balls in my stool and i was extremely worried as it may be cancer of the intestine. after reading this i am very much releived.
thanks
ABR

I had a very similar thing today actually. I talked to my mom about it and she reminded me of a side dish we had with dinner last night - okra. For those of you who do not know, okra has little white balls (about the size of the ones I found in my stool this morning) in the center. I'm trying not to laugh about my mistake... Also, I had been wondering why I have been defecating more frequently than usual. I found out that this is because I increased my fruit intake over the course of the past few days; too much fruit causes frequent bowel movements. This just goes to show that your excrements really do reflect what you've been eating.

LOL, I feel stupid. I too had okra last night. thanks for your post. I probably would have continued to worry about it.

i have the white balls in my stool to but i have crohns diease and take pentasa which is a capsule but idk if it is from that. I have abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloody stools all the above!

I am so relieved too to rlike all of u..recently i started taking this medicine..mefomin 1 mg..and i started having these white balls in my stool. i was too embarrased to discuss it even with my husband..and this sight like a boon ended my worry. i thought i had developed some serious infection..phew