In last three years, ever since I started working, I am having problems with my stool. I sit good part of the day, I do not eat regularly nor properly. I think this is all a cause of my constipation. Stool is very, very hard and sometimes, even when I have an urge for defecation, I cannot do it. This is one of the reasons I have hemorrhoids. I am not that eager to take medications, but it seems I will have to. Is Metamucil a laxative?

Metamucil is a natural laxative. Its active ingredient is Psylium Husk. It has plant fibers within, that come from the seed of Psylium plant. These fibers are very important, by absorbing water they grow (they can absorb 60 of their weight) and activate the intestines that helps with defecation (speeds up the process and makes the stool softer). So, yes, Metamucil is a laxative.