Hello, I am suffering from constant constipation. I have problems with stool and defecation for a very long time. There were periods of improvement but only when I take some drug for my condition. On the other hand, I do not eat regularly, I do not have many fruit, vegetables and fibers in my food. I drink a lot of soda juices. I have heard there are fibers medicaments. What should I use, whole psyllium husk or psyllium husk powder?

My opinion is that you should start taking the food supplements you do not take by food. Psyllium husk powder is better because it has the biggest concentration of plant fibers among all similar products. This should regulate your stool quickly and help you maintain regular defecation. Also, you must start eating regularly and try avoiding junk food.

Supplements like psyllium are great on a short term basis but long term you really need to look at your diet. You have to make lifestyle changes that will result in long term health cause all the cola you're consuming is empty calories (5 cubes of sugar in every 8oz glass-it adds up), cola causes osteoporosis (yes, even in men) and if it's a dark cola it will be dehydrating to your body and no amount of Psyllium you take will help- it will actually make you MORE constipated.

Get the bowels moving- it's how we detox everyday. You should be having minimum 1 large bowel movement a day, even more is better. Whenever you take a fiber supplement you MUST up your water intake to 2-3L a day. If plain water doesn't cut it, add lemon or chlorophyll as a gentle liver detox and add flavour to the water. Don't use the Crystal light flavour either, aspartame is not safe in any amount.

Please increase your fruit and vegetable intake, minumum 5-10 a day. It's easy to do one apple, one banana, 1C berries fresh or frozen in yogurt and there's your fruit. Eat the whole fruit not juice, that's just sugar and you need the fiber in the whole fruit. Veggies need to be taken in whole food form as well fresh as much as possible- no tin or frozen if you can help it.

Eating junk food or nothing but meat and potatoes is leaving your blood very acidic and your blood hits every cell in your body, this leaved all your body acidic. Not a good thing. Change it up rotate your foods and add the psyllium, all together it will get your body moving naturally.
Yours in good health!