I wish you the best, I am about two months clean. Still hard but def better. Be strong. I am sure you will be okay in two weeks, if not much sooner

If you can make it past day one and two - it gets easier on the third day, then it lessens on the fourth.. the fifth and so on and so forth.  Day 5 - post-tramadol, the residual effects for myself seem to be aches throughout my body, a dull overlapping headache, chills and hot flashes, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, and high sensitivity to sight, sound and touch.  Not to mention I've slept around 6-8 hours in 5 days and the fact I've lost 18lbs.  This sounds unbearable, and I know with one pill - all this would go away in 30 minutes.  But life is too short to worry about my next dose and how to obtain it if I run out. 

Writing about the withdrawal process helped tremendously - I read back on it and can barely understand myself.  Not only is it hard to read but the words I was writing were both poetic and down right scary.  I can only recommend quitting cold turkey, forget sleep and prepare for agonizing pain the first and second day.  A (3) year addiction doesn't go away easy, I understand that and you have to decide for yourself if this is something you really want.  I can tell you right now that I see myself in a different light - I act differently at work and home.  I look different - even if I have a slight ragged beard because you won't feel like doing much the first couple days.  Exercise is key, plenty of water and try to urinate as much as possible (until your flanks hurt).  It gets rid of it that much faster and with about (2) gallons of water a day, you can pretty much bet you will feel like you're dying but you are ridding your body of Tramadol.

I don't feel completely normal yet, nor should I expect it at Day 5 - but I'm starting to feel myself once again.  It's transparent at first and you body will urge you and at some points give you that feeling of Tramadol for a few seconds to remind your old self of what it could be like... just ignore it and move on.  Do a lot of walking on Day 1 and 2 until your legs become under your control because the RLS or Restless Leg Syndrome is very real and very agonizing.  Get some sun, and walk until your body cannot walk anymore then go past that point until you feel light-headed... then walk more.  Eat Bananas, drink orange juice and plenty of water those first (2) days to get rid of the RLS.  I don't recommend using another narcotic like Xanax or Ativan etc etc to combat the withdrawal.  You need to feel it so you don't go back to it.  When you want to quit, you will.  Trust me, I still have a full bottle of Tramadol right next to me - and it will soon be destroyed.

I used subutex and suboxone to get off dope.  I used oxycodone to get off of Suboxone (16mg Daily) which was the longest detox of my life (5 1/2 months titration then onto oxys...DONT TAKE SUB UNLESS YOU WANNA STAY ON IT OR HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE) then used tramadol to kick the oxys then used Immodium, MMJ, Clonazepam and Hydroxyzine to get off of Tramadol.  No side effects and it was a clear week before I started to feel my own serotonin start to rise but it did.  And I was great for a while. 

From the Sub I got the WORST experience.  But it was worth the end result which was me not needing it.

From the oxys I got the usual 3 days in 3 days out and just had to deal with nausea (I have a medical marijuana license so I get lucky here) and the RLS, which the Tramadol helped with.  Immodium was my back up...pun intended...

Now I am doing tha Tramadol thang AGAIN.  After a slip and fall I ended up back on Dilauded @ 4mg 4x daily, that I tapered with oxys and then with tramadol.   And @ 25mg Tramadol Nightly I am no longer dizzy, I do not have the "Zaps" and I can concentrate for the most part.  Well now that I look at this post I am not so sure about how focused I am but I am typing...

I did this by using clonazepam for the anxiety and SSRI effects, Immodium for the Diahrrea and Hydroxyzine to aid in sleep, as I did before, and keep me from choking on my snot, which isn't nearly as bad as any of the other opiates I have been on. 

My last dose on this happy horsepoop is tomorrow morning.  I expect no side effects beyond what I feel now as I titrated each and every thing I took and googled the c**p out of all of this before experimenting with it on myself the first time. 

Now that I have this down I suspect I could kill my organs on and off for a lifetime but I can no longer party like a rock star so it looks like MMJ for me and that's that. 

I am blessed that I do not drink, smoke cigarettes, or ingest caffeine or i'd probably have had a MUCH harder time. 

Fact is that we all have different experiences due to body chemistry and dosage. I don't think anyone's experience is invalidated in this respect as they all hold a truth in the mind of a person that is going through a similar circumstance so they are all important.

Stay Blessed.

never ever ever gonna put this nasty horrible s++t down my mouth again, could of easily of commited suicide from lack of sleep and the most frightening nightmares ever, mind racing all the time and all i think of is the most evil nasty thoughts. never ever ever again. goodbye tramadol forever.

I have fibromyalgia and have been on tram for over a year . I loved it at first --my drs said " it is a SAFE alternative to narcs" " you need lifelong pain managment and are to young to be on narcs " ok i had a dr shoving the stuff at me , it made me feel AWESOME .. hap-hap-happy ,, energetic it wwas great - my script was 100 mgs every 4 to 6 hours ...

so long story short - the " high " wore off and i built up a tolerence ... i ended up taking about 10 12 pills a day --- @ 50 mg each - -- well you do the math .

and in the past few months even at that dosage it was like drinking water did nothing for me .

So i started a new fibro drug and its a strong antidepressant and has really helped the pain , so for that reason and also that tram mixed with the new meds causes massive seizures , i decided i would taper.

well 2 weeks ago my "standing script " ran out at the pharmacy , and the dr on call refused to call me in another script and it would be two weeks before i could go to the clinic .

so i said " well i will just quit all together "

I was out of meds ... no script ,and i wasnt feeling anything from them anyhow .

So i took my last four pills at 4 pm on a tuesday 2 weeks ago

the next afternoon i started feeling weird ... tired .. irratible ... chills etc

i thought well ive heard tram withdrawl is bad , but if this is all it is then ive got this!

HA ...

later that night i started feeling worse ... i was seeing things running across the floor in my periphial vision , and i had horrible vertigo. if youve never experienced that its when you look to the left or right with your eyes and it feels like your whole body is falling over. its very strange

I wasfreezing , had constant visible chills and the worst ' clammy' feeling id ever imagined . so i went to bed .

It was a horrible night ... i could NOT get comfortable .. its so very hard to explain ... i was flip flopping all night , over and over ,, couldnt fall asleep ,, i just felt "strange " finally took a sleeping pill and fell asleep for a few hours .

the next morning ( appx 36 hours into this ) i got up to go to work

I sat on the couch and stared into space , unable to concentrate , trying to decide if i could even get up to go to work .

I went anyway bc i had a deadline i couldnt miss

I spent most of the morning crying ...
i was SOOOOOO depressed ( no remember i am on a strong antidepressant )

around noon i had become so irritated , and literally felt like i had to " jump out of my own skin" horrible anxiety ,, chills , cold sweats ,, hands shaking ... i couldny concentrate to do my work and it was aggravating me so bad that i wanted to tear the papers ... i even had a vision of BITING the papers and tearing them to shreds ...

I said to myself , i have to get out of here, so i got up from my desk and left without a word to my boss or anyone else ... i was freakingg out.

so i went home and cried ... literally screaming crying( over an episode of house)lol .... and i would then get angry and say i can beat this medication and i would get fighting mad again ... mood swings were terrible . and all i wanted to do was go to sleep . But my body wouldnt have it .... its like it was screaming inside ... frantic over not having pills . i laid lethargic on thecouch crying until my kids came home from school and i went upstairs and laid in my bed . i was sweating and freezing ,, chills and clammy skin all at the same time ...

and i was in and out of a ' dazey sleep' i was a awake , but dreaming , and when i tried to get out of bed i couldnt lift my body , it was so heavy . i tried so hard to get up bc i was lying in a puddle of ice cold sweat . when i closed my eyes i would see red squiggly looking fibers floating in the air and they would burst and split , sort of lkooked like fire crackers exploding . then when i opened my eyes they were STILL there .

i literally crawled down the stair case and called another dr i had seen before and BEGGED for tramadol . i could not take anymore ! and he immediatley called in a script . i couldnt get to the pharmacy fast enough . and i was so complrtrly lethargic , it was dificult to drive . but i made it . standing in the pharmacy line , SOAKED with sweat , dizzy and shaking , i got my pills finally , and i opeded them before i got out of the store!

within one hour i was fine ...

I felt run down , like i had just gotten over the flu or something . but i was no longer begging for death!

I almost died last year from bilateral pulmonary embolism s and i was literally dying slowly for hours before i got to the ER I felt very ill

but NOTHING like these withdrawls felt like .

So yes i can say that this feels worse than if you were dying

i went back on the tram and amd taking 4 pills a day ... then i will go down to 3 , and so on amd so forth .

i prob could have made it through if i didnt have kids and a job , i couldve taken sleeping pills qand stayed in bed for a week .

This drug is POISION

Nothing couldve prepared me for the nightmare i experienced getting off this drug .

but i assure you i will NEVER < NOT EVER , take tramadol again once im off for good!

if youre taking it PLEASE do not stop all of a sudden , it is the MOST hellish nightmare you could imagine.

have fibromyalgia and have been on tram for over a year . I loved it at first --my drs said " it is a SAFE alternative to narcs" " you need lifelong pain managment and are to young to be on narcs " ok i had a dr shoving the stuff at me , it made me feel AWESOME .. hap-hap-happy ,, energetic it wwas great - my script was 100 mgs every 4 to 6 hours ...

HA ...

I spent most of the morning crying ...

within one hour i was fine ...

This drug is POISION

i have to say, Tramadol is the WORSE withdrawal I have EVER felt in my life! After my car accident I was on vicodin for a couple of years, quit cold turkey, because I was sick and tired of urgent care doctors calling me a drug seeker and basically a drug addict whenever I went there in real pain. Now, when I was on the vicodin, I didn't take them for a high; in fact they never made me feel all euphoric, and the most per day I had ever taken was 5, yet, bc it is a narcotic, they assumed I was an "addict". But, I digress. Anyway, a few months later I was put on Tramadol bc it was supposed to be a so called "non narcotic", and it helped some, and it didn't make me feel high; however, once I decided to stop taking them (bc my pain went down some at the time), OMG I wanted to kill myself. It was by far WORSE than vicodin withdrawal and lasted about a week longer, with lingering effects that lasted about another week. Yet, when I told my doctor about it, suddenly, it's "oh, that's not addiction, but rather you built a tolerance and dependency," but, had it been the vicodin (even though I never took the vicodin to get high), I BET I would had heard, "You're an addict!", simply because vicodin in a narcotic. I do NOT recommend taking Tramadol for a long period of time, because you will honestly feel like you want to die. You think vicodin withdrawal is bad? That's nothing compared to Tramadol withdrawal. Now about two months ago I was put back on the Tramadol, and two weeks ago again decided to come off of it (because my pain has gone down again to a tolerable level), but this time I weaned myself off of them, SLOWLY for 3 weeks by writing a weaning off schedule---and it worked (with very minor, tolerable withdrawal symptoms after the very last weaning off dosage). It's not TOO bad of a drug for minor to moderate pain, but seriously, to everyone, do NOT quit this cold turkey! You will regret it! If you wean yourself off, very SLOWLY (according to how much you were taking and for how long), then you should be fine. God

*I got cut off at the end.....it was supposed to read God Bless! I'm not God LOL

I started by breaking the tramadol tablets into 2/3 pieces for two doses then a full tab for two doses and did that for a couple of weeks.  The way the drug acted started to change.  I felt really rough for about 10 days until I took the full amount in evening but then I started to feel intense pain after I took the full dose.  Finally I just stopped and although I had pain the rough feeling was gone.  The rough feeling felt like the whole world was dim or grey and the best word to describe it is rough.  There was no way I would go cold turkey from tramadol.

I have been through withdrawls 3 times, morphine, oxi, tramedol, all of them the worst pain ever. I just stop taking tramedol, and on the second day I have experienced no sleep in almost 16 hours straight, and my heart feeling like it was trying to jump out of my chest. My doctor ignored my calls, and come to find out xanax would have controled my anxiety. The best plan is to leave it all alone, these meds are for short term use, and the doctors want that visit to make there money. Id rather have my back pain then to deal with what I just went through. Last comment, my dad was diagnost with throat cancer, they hadd him on 30mg morphine, I know he was is pain, and the morph helped the pain but it helped him to his death.

I've been taking Tramadol when needed for about 14 months. I have a painful neuralgia which is worst at night.
I take 100mg when needed and it helps a lot. I don't take it every day-I take it maybe two or three times a week.
I haven't had any problem with stopping it when I stop for three or four days.

Holy F*CK!! I'm so glad I've yet to stumble upon Tramadol!! And totally grateful I stumbled upon this forum... I'm currently addicted to pretty much any pain killers I can get my hands on. One little Lorcet 10/650, about 3 years ago, got me where I am today; doing everything short of selling myself for roxis, vikes, percs, etc...40-70mg 3 to 4 times a day, depending on how many "my friend" found that day. I don't have insurance nor do I have a legit ailment. I just like drugs. I'm a functioning addict too. And it's a double edged sword! None of my relationships, nor the dynamics within, have suffered. Which seems awesome! However, my core group of friends love them too, they're just not taking as many, as often. They're more like "weekend users". And my work doesn't suffer. I've always been able to consume lots of anything and still be able to maintain. I can "hold my drugs", if you will...I'm never "sloppy" or "out of it". So, it was cool at first, but now I'm ready to quit. Luckily this is my last week at my current job and my new one doesn't start for a month. I need to use this time to "kick this sh*t" or I'm never going to quit. I've only expeirenced withdrawl a few times. But not by choice. And it f*****g sucks!! Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!! I'm not looking forward to it. But my life is headed in amazing places and I refuse to let this stupid pill dash my hopes and dreams. Its the only drug that I've never been able to say no to... I'm glad I can't imagine what trying to quit a bigger beast would be like. And that's why I wrote this. These testimonials have made me realize that it's bad, but could be worse. And it's time to quit. Now. While it's still somewhat bearable. I know I'm not strong enough to let myself withdrawl from something that's that miserable. So. Thank you! I hope you're all well and happy. Besides, being sober wasn't that bad! ;P

PEACE
LOVE
KINDNESS

Just get yourself some nice headphones and crank Went Gin and maybe Theme during the tough parts and you'll make it.

I totally agree with the person aboves reply. It is hell coming off tramadol.Ive been on tramadol for 8 years up to 20 pills a day at the end. It got to where they didnt get me high any more, I was taking them to keep from going through withdrawls. Luckily I found someone with suboxin and bought enough to get through the first 2 weeks. That stuff works! I just ran out of suboxin and now I think I'll be okay to leave tramadol alone for good.

I am trying to get off of Tramadol after about 3 years...at one point I was up to 300mg plus taking 2-60 mg tablets every 4 hours or so.  I am down to 100 mg but I feel terrible; I am willing to go thru the withdrawal but afraid of my kids finding out and seeing me, also I called in sick at work today and will lose my job if I try to go cold turkey so clinic doc suggested I wean off very slowly.  Has anyone had experience with weaning off of these?  I was addicted to Percocet about 5 years ago and was referred to a doctor who was himself an addict--I trusted him to give me something for Fibromyalgia pain that wouldn't be addicting.  He gave me Tramadol and said it's non-narcotic so it's ok.  So not true.  It's my own fault for not looking deeper into what I was taking but now I'm suffering.  I don't want to go to detox again.  Please help.