Hi Keith, I was thinking about posting today, you beat me to it. Glad you are still improving.
I am too mostly but had a backslide today. The old anxiety wave came out of nowhere to greet me at lunchtime. I foolishly decided to take some mega b vitamin tablet with htp5 trying to boost my seratonin, wow that stuff made it worse within a half hour.
Stayed busy, long power walk to post office helped a bit, mercifully still nice weather here in Ohio. Did take a half xanax and now post dinnertime all is OK.
My wife reminds me how truly miserable I was during my tapering and swears I am much better, nice to have a loving observer around.
Sleeping Ok with a bit of ambien or herbal stuff, Valerian, passionflower and melatonin. Can't believe eive it's 25 days off.

How is your pain control working out? Still taking gabapentin?

Thanks for checking in and all my best,

Robert

Still on the gabapentin for now. See my doc in just under two weeks and will make changes then. Trying to eat healthier and using a Fitbit to encourage getting up and walking at the office. Weather here in Texas is finally cool enough to get out and walk here now. Keep up the good work. - Keith

Just wanted to check in on everybody. I'm now just a month off the terrible Tramadol and finally think I'm getting clear of all the withdrawal symptoms. Still having small anxiety attacks, but nothing like I was. Most of the physical symptoms are gone. Still taking Gabapentin to deal with pain from osteoarthritis, but still not taking my maximum daily dosage, but this will probably be my new norm. Hope everyone is doing great and dealing with this demon. - Keith

Hello Keith, I have once again been meaning to check in. Off tramadol now five weeks, I too am much better both physically and mentally, still do have a bit of anxiety issues but had a wierd breakthrough a week ago.

My wife took me to a private party for her banks high roller wealth management clients, about a hundred folks lots of wine and loud live rock music. I was dreading it frankly but something about the music the good Stag's leap wine and really friendly crowd kind of reset my brain in a hard to describe way. I felt like my old social self and actually smiled and had fun.
Been going to concerts once again (love classical music) cooking more and thank God feeling mostly alright. I really lost weight on the Tramadol so my short term goal is to bulk up a bit. Not the worst problem to have.

Take flomax, Ambien twice a week and carry a half Xanax for emergencies but maybe use once a week or so. Find simple motrin or naprosyn effective for pain now.

All my best Keith, it looks like we will get through this.

Robert

Outstanding. So good to hear that you're doing well. I noticed the weight thing too. My problem is, I've started eating too much because I actually have an appetite and I've got to get back to working out again to keep FROM "ballooning up." My wife has also commented about having her old husband back. We WILL make it through this. Again...so glad to hear how well you are doing. - Keith

Not true, sorry. Tramadol withdrawl for me was worse than heroin withdrawal. The severity of the two were equal but the tramadol withdrawl duration far surpassed the heroin, feeling lingering effects for 6 months for me, and that is why it's worse imo. It is no joke.

Omg you are VERY lucky, i quit tramadol cold turkey after 2 years of using about 20 pills a day and I felt withdrawal effects for up to 6 months, of course the worst being the first 2 weeks and very shitty still for a month.

Been a while since I posted on here...and I've never tried heroin...so don't know about the comparison. I can tell you that after being on Tramadol for three years it was hell getting off of it. Doctors said I needed to taper down, but everything I read was that only drew out the timeline of getting off the stuff. I just quit and had to use some other meds to help with the anxiety and other things that were going on and then taper off of those. Now I'm almost three months out and finally I'm feeling back to my old self. Keep your head up allgood111397. A lot of us have been there and feel what you are going through. - Keith

Day six of my tram 50mg withdrawal
I abused this sh*t for 3 years 9 tabs per day with clonaz and devomine mixed and smoked weed till I fly to the moon.I am 24 and my wife gave birth to our son 7 days ago she never knew about me using this
We live apart from our family so after delivery she is with her mother bc I have to work and cant give her time the first day she went her home I didnt sleep the whole night only thinking of my child my wife and what am I doing with my life and what if my new born will abuse these substances like i did after he grows up I still had 30 pills left and a ounce of weed day 2 was totally screwed cant get up to much stress and depresed thought about smoking weed but thought about my baby again I smoked 40 cig that day thinking the whole day with body shock sneezing hot and cold sweat flu and upset stomach 2nd night was horrible didnt sleep at all day 3 I still have tramadol lying around and weed aswell thought about taking just 1 pill and smoking weed then again thoughts about my baby and wife future where would this lead I smoked around 45 cig that day and didnt know when I got knocked out with sleep but I slept about 4 hours the whole night went tosing and turning around serious deprision and the demons saying take the pills and ease your pain I controlled my self anyhow but day 4 was quite good felt quite good but mood swing and sneez not going the whole day went watching movie and excess smoking of cig i slept for 7 hrs that night and woke up quiet refreshed the morning of day 5 I lets kick this for my baby and wife so flushed those 30 trama pills 20 clozepam 10 devomine and threw that ounce of weed did a bit of excercise and had a lot of green tea the day went really god but when night aproched I was in hell it was more hard to kick the devil inside just slept for 2 hours and woke up the whole night but dont feel restless but my body is demanding for a good sleep this is my morning of day 6 just spoke with my wife lied that everthing good i dont want to hurt her just want to quit this before she is back home i havent been to work for exact 7 days and now im craving for weed i didnt feel hungry this all time but now its either win or lose the devil is speaking already smoked more than 50 cig cant sleep thought about my family though i love them this day 6 of withdrawal is eating me from inside just phoned my friend for 4/5 stick of weed he is on his way but somthing inside is saying dont do weed but the devil is at its best prayed for about half hours got flash back of my kid cant take this anymore lets see what will this day show if i make it i will be on day 7 tomorrow but if i cant maybe the devil wins i lose i just want this withdrawal to go away as soon as possible still not sure to smoke weed after my friend arrives hope this wont make anything worse
Love your family but such things cant be told i just wait for the day what if i cant quit and my wife finds out cant take the stress no more this restlessness is killing me day 6 this is the most depressing day of my whole life....

Hold out. It will get better. This c**p sucks. Get some help from a doc for the anxiety and sleeplessness. Just avoid the narcotics. It took me about 3 weeks to start feeling normal and the anxiety and insomnia to stop. I didn’t have the weed or cigs, but was about the same in Tram. If you can just keep it up. I promise it gets better. You won’t believe how you’ll feel on the other side. - Keith

Try kratom for withdrawal I’ve been on 200mg for 4 years and I’m down to 50mg using kratom when I feel the horrible withdrawals Kratom is a god send for getting clean

I have been taking Tramadol for the last 3 years due to spine problems and am now tapering off. I’m coming down 10% roughly per week. I am experiencing anxiety, which is not nice, but how I view it is that I was experiencing anxiety on it so what difference! I don’t like the way this drug causes mood problems so am prepared to go through this anxiety in the hope that it will lift when I’m free if this drug. I don’t like the scare mongering you hear in these forums. If you listen to some people you would never come off medication. I would say to people be brave bite the bullet and go through some I’ll effects so you can feel mentally better in the long run. Just taper off gradually and like the previous post said, share it with a couple of people close to you. Good luck everyone, I’m doing it at the moment and so can you

Tramadol never again on day 7 now feeling better thou I’m still craving it but not given in sleeping tablets defo take the edge of it and if u keep busy during the take s your mind off it as well

Just curious I have been off tramadol for 3 months I still am achy