I need some info regarding Ischemic Optic Neuropathy-how it could be treated and what does those means-does that mean that my dad could lose his vision or some surgery may help him. My dad is 63 and he is diagnosed with Ischemic Optic Neuropathy recently on his left eye-he seems to have lost his vision significantly on this eye so I am curious now what is the best Ischemic Optic Neuropathy treatment and could it help anyhow?

Depends on how much the vision is damaged. Ischemic Optic Neuropathy is something like a stroke though it may not cause the same consequences like fatigue or vomiting but it is also caused by the high pressure – the eye pressure in this case- and this might lead to the vision loss both the central and the peripheral. My dad suffered also Ischemic Optic Neuropathy and I remember he was advised to start treating the damage eye as soon as possible for the same damage might pass onto the other eye causing the same condition but again there are no many treatments available except some drugs that are to lower the intraocular press ion and is also used to protect some eye nerves and in my dad's case it helped in improving his central vision but it usually doesn't help much in improving the side vision but he used on to this by the time.