My grandfather is 79 years old and he still holds himself very good, considering the age. Still we are worried for him because he lives all alone and does not allow anyone to help him. We appreciate that he is so independent but we are aware that it might not last for long. Two of his friends had experienced ischemic strokes and died (age 82 and 73). I am wondering what could be the ischemic stroke outcomes?

To be honest, your grandfather is one of the very few old people who still manages to live on its own, without any help, let's hope that things stay that way. As for ischemic stroke outcomes, it depends on the severity of the stroke, how big the brain area affected is, what brain area is attacked etc. The worst case scenario is, as you already know – death. He might pass with some paralysis (limbs and torso), and why not, consequences could be quite minor.