I was wondering if anyone has heard of individuals that are dealing with AION that may have also been on Tricor or Lipitor when the optic nerve stroke occurred. Does anyone have any knowledge of any physicians who have treatment recommendations for people that are suffering from optic neuritis? Thanks.

I know this not much, but my mother in law experienced ischemic optic neuritis in one eye when she was placed on Lipitor and then after 4years it occurred again in the other eye when she was placed on Tricor. She has been to numerous doctors and clinics and they say there is nothing that can be done to improve her eyesight.

Not sure if you are interested in a possible partial cure to AION but the Bates Method really works, and Meir Schneider with School for Self Healing in San Francisco has helped those with 70-90% vision loss to regain vision to be able to read and even drive again.