Hi, my husband and I have tried many infertility options including hormon supplementation, sperm motility preparations and other enhancers of fertility. Recently, I’ve heard of IVF. How effective it is?

In vitro fertilization or IVF is a method of assisted reproduction that is performed by combining an egg with sperm in a laboratory. It is performed in cases of severe damage of fallopian tubes or absence of tubes. Medications that stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple eggs are used in IVF, so that the chances for successful fertilization and implantation get augmented. If the egg is fertilized in artificial conditions and if it begins cell division, the embryo has to be implanted in the uterine lining and start to grow. The process is quite complicated and has to be performed under strict guidance and supervision.