We are trying for baby for the past one year. No luck yet. Last week we went to RMA. Doctor took ultra sound & similar to pathmere test to me. Everything is normal. She said that there are three reasons to a girl to not conceive. Girl 40%, Boy 40% and other reasons 20%. They checked my husband's sperm counts(We did not have sex 10 days, So He has 10 days sperm counts) and the result is his sperm counts did not swim. One of my friend told that For sperm counts, they need 3 days fresh counts, Then only It will swim. I am very upset. We need baby. Desparate.

I have a question. Is that a big problem that my hubby's sperm is not swimming. Are any other course there to take with Doctor's prescription? Any one please let me know is it possible to me to conceive with these things. Because I love baby.

Thanks,
Uma.

Hi. Usually there is an abstinance period of 2-3 days before semen analysis. I don't think longer would significantly affect results though. Was your husbands semen taken fresh? The ejaculate must be analysed within 30-60minutes, or the sperm can die and confuse the results. For an accurate diagnosis, the test should be repeated in another 3-4 weeks.
If it does prove that your husband has low sperm motility, the chances of falling pregnant naturally are low. You may need to consider IVF, or using donor sperm. Your doctor will be able to explain all your options
Good luck

Thanks for the information. My husband's seman has been taken fresh. What's IVF(Vitro fertilization)? Can you please explain? I don't want others sperm. I want to try and go with my husband's sperm to be a baby. So Are there any options or medications to improve or swimming sperms? I am very eager to know those things. I am very upset. I trust god.

IVF is when your egg is removed and fertilized by your husbands sperm and then returned to your uterus to hopefully attach and grow. Talk to your doctor about your options, they will be able to help you figure out the best path to take

I got my periods yesterday(9th May). My blood test is going to be checked on 3rd day of my menstrual period. Last two months, I took clomid. My gyno did not suggest clomid this time. She said that she has to check HSG to find out any blocks in fellopion tubes. I heard that test may be uncomfortable. Is it tolerable or not? My hubby's sperms did not swim and Gyno said him to book a appointment from Eurology Department. I am ready for any test to carry my baby. But I don't know how it works? Can anybody give me some tips? My friend told me that if sperm counts are okey, there is no problem, give fresh & nutrious food, It makes his sperm to swim. My question is Is this(Sperms are not swimming) a major problem in baby making? Or If we recheck the sperm counts, Will it swim? Because, Mood, Diet, Stress & so many things make a man's sperm counts, Right? If he take parental vitamins, will that sperms swim? In which things my husband should take care? I think exercise, Diet, Food... etc..What's the procedure? Can I go for HSG test? If my gyno. recommended IVF, Can I go with that test? I heard if i go through the IVF test, there will be chances 50%. So What do you think? Share your ideas. I eagerly want to know. Because, We really want a baby.(My friend said that if you guys go to the RMA, they will definitely make you guys parents. Is that true? Because We are taking treatment through RMA.)

Thanks alot for your advice & tips.

There are a couple of things that can improve sperm motility (swimming). These include giving up smoking (ciggerettes and especially marijuana), not letting the testicles get too hot eg wearing boxers, no saunas/waterbeds. There is also evidence that increased caffine can improve the motility.

Here is some info on the HSG test:

Quote:

Having a speculum inserted is similar to having a Pap smear. If the tubes are patent (have a hole all the way down the middle), and the contrast reaches the ovaries, you may feel a cramp/discomfort. This is because the contrast temporarily irritates the peritoneum (lining of the pelvis). This only lasts a minute.

The gyno probably took you off clomid because if your husband has low sperm motility then that is the most likely reason that you are not getting pregnant. If the sperm can't swim, they can't make their way into the fallopian tubes to fertilize the egg. There are vitamins that can increase sperm count, but the count is the amount of sperm produced and you have mentioned the problem is that they aren't swimming, not the amount he is making.

After you have your appointment with the gyno and your husband has been checked out properly, your doctor will be able to give you more informed information about what needs to be done for you to concieve. Ask when you go for the HSG test what the options are if you are fine and your husband has low sperm motility, they will be able to give some advice.

I hope that all the tests go well for you

Thanks for your wishes & Ideas. I will follow.

Yesterday, I went to RMA clinic for blood test. Everything is normal. Next week, I am having HSG test & My husband is having semen analysis test.

I heard & read fertility blend namely Amberoz tm for Male & Ovulex for Female. If my hubby take that Amberoz tablets, there are chances of improving the sperm counts and also the mobility. Can I ask my gyno about that tablets? Because My friend took that fertility blends and they got positive. So If my husband take that supplyment for one month, It will help the sperms mobility. Can he? One more question is we did not take parental vitamins or any regular vitamins. So Should we need to take that vitamins for baby making? Should I need to take IVF or anything hard thing. I don't want others sperms. I am afraid of hard tests. So What will specialists do? Will they prescribe any medications or Will they start the hard procedure tests?

What's your opinion? Please help me out.

Thank you so much.

Don't buy any herbal tablets until you have talked to the doctor. There may be something that they can prescribe to help with motilty problems. It is a good idea if you take some Folic Acid suppliments, as it is proven to reduce the incidence in neural tube defects eg spina bifida in babies. Talk to you gyn about what vitamins you could be taking.

If the first test was correct and you husband has a very low sperm motility then there is not much chance of a natural pregnancy. IVF can be uncomfortable, but not painful. They will give you hormones to stimulate the release of a dozen or so eggs. Then they will collect them out of you and fertilize them with your husbands sperm. A few days later they will put a couple of the fertilized ones back into you and hopefully they will attach and grow.

Try not to worry too much, there are options for you. Hopefully your husband first semen test was wrong and there is no problem for you.
Good luck with your appointment next week and let me know how it goes.

Yesterday I took HSG test(In xray, they put a word under picuture like Normal contrast'(What's Normal contrast?). Result is positive. They said I am okey. And also We went to Urology specialist for my husband. Because Last week, my husband gave sperms and Result is negative. In urology Dept, Doctor checked my husband and he said 'Lazy sperms'. Also He prescribed some tablets like Vitamin C 1000mg, Vitamin E 400I.U and Multivitamin with Zinc(He advised him to take one tablet of each vitamin with breakfast daily). And one more tablet Namely PYCNOGENOL 100mg (pine bark extract), he said him to take that(One)tablet 3 times a day. They are going to take semen(First two semen tests report is sperm counts are not good, they did not swim) test again. They are also going to check my husband thoroughly and do ultrasound.

You know what's the next step? In that Urology office, I saw lot of kids photos. I got confidence, I will conceive with treatment.

My questions are,

1. Is it possible to improve sperm counts by medications & treatments?
2. Is is possible to me to get conceive in natural method or IVF?
3. Is there any evidence that improving sperm counts and make the couple parents?

Desparate. We are very very eagerly waiting for baby.

Hopefully the vitamins etc that the doctor gave your husband will get his sperm swimming enough to do the job. If you are healthy and your husbands lazy sperm are the only problem, then solving that should make you parents.
Another thing that can be done is having your husbands sperm placed in you fallopian tubes to get them to the egg.

You are doing everything right, and I am sure that your husbands doctor will do everything that he can to make you parents

Thanks alot for your wishes. Post your comments & ideas.

We went to the Urology specialist to my husband. My husband's doctor took his sperms for semen analysis. He said that his sperm counts are not swimming properly(Lazy sperms), So He suggested me to go with IVF treatment. He is going to take my hubby's best sperm and going to fertilize with the egg by using IVF procedure. I am very upset. Just now I read about IVF treatment. There are only 50% chances and also there are some risks like Early miscarriages, Multiple pregnancy & tubal pregnancy. When I went to HSG, I felt uncomfortable & painful. IVF is Vitro Fertilization. Why I am worrying is If I don't co operate for IVF treatment, If that embryo stays in tubal? What to do? I am very scary. I went through all the treatments, But this IVF is difficult, I think so. I should co-operate properly, But how can I? If I go through this procedure, I should win, Can I? Because, I can face the challenge If I win. We desparately need a baby. Let me know the solutions.

Thanks alot & Really appreciated.

It is really a decision that only you and your husband can make. Although it may be uncomfortable and challenging and you may face heart breaking failure along the way, it will all be worth it the day you hold your baby in your arms.
I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide

Thanks, I will let you know the positive result soon. Should I need follow anything special diet? What should I do after transfering embryo? Should I need to take rest during that 2 weeks? Can I do any physical exercise like walking, Jogging, Badminton or something?

After the embryo is transferred it is just like a 'normal' conception - the embryo has to implant in the uterus. They manage to do this in most woman without any rest, so you should be o.k. Your doctor will tell you if there is anything to avoid ie alcohol