after I had several seizures, literally out of nowhere - I’m 45 year old male with no history of epilepsy in my family history, and after number of tests it turned out I had brain tumor that was causing the seizures. After the surgery to remove it, my neurologist prescribed me Keppra (or generic levetiracetam), and I didn’t have any seizures since.

However, I’m constantly drowsy and angry from this medication and I’m thinking about getting my neurologist to put me on Vimpat, hoping to get rid of these nasty side effects. If anyone is on Vimpat, how bad are its side effects?

I had the same issue with Keppra (even though I do have epilepsy, so I was on Keppra for much longer). It literally turned me into obnoxious irritable angry person no one could stand to be around. I was so sick of it that I practically went to my neurologist and told him I'd rather have seizures than live like that. That finally convinced him to wean me off Keppra and start on Vimpat.

I'm on Vimpat alone for two months now and I can't say it doesn't have side effects - I'm feeling dizzy and unstable when I walk, but at least I'm not acting like a raging lunatic all the time.