Hi. My 5 years old son was diagnosed with epilepsy. He was prescribed with Keppra. I don`t think that drug is suitable for such a young child. Should I ask for another drug?

Hi. Keppra is not for kids under 4 years of age. I suffer from epilepsy and I take Keppra. I usually take it with food. I hate Keppra because every time I take a pill, it makes me feel dizzy and very depressed. Then I start to have black thoughts and I hate it. But depression, dizziness and drowsiness are less serious side effects of Keppra. More serious side effects include an allergic reaction, swelling of face, lips or tongue, hives and difficulty breathing. Some other serious side effects include unusual behavior, anxiety, hallucinations, feeling hostile and angry, fever, chills, weakness and increasing seizures. Too bad I have experienced only less serious side effect. Otherwise I would have to stop taking Keppra. I hate the med. Maybe because I hate being ill.