Hello. I am mother of 10 year old boy. He has seizures only while sleeping. What confuses me with him is that, often on these nights he will come and wake me up saying that he wants to watch a movie or play a game. On these nights he ends up having a seizure during night when he does fall asleep.

My son, 12 has same thing seizures while sleeping. . He had seizure three years go and they told us it was benign rolandic epilepsy and that he may not have anymore. About a year later he had another one. Now he is having them monthly.

some epileptics, flickering or flashing lights, such as strobe lights, can be responsible for the onset of a tonic clonic, absence, or myoclonic seizure. This condition is known as photosensitive epilepsy, and in some cases, the seizures can be triggered by activities that are harmless to others, such as watching television or playing video games, or by driving or riding during daylight along a road with spaced trees, thereby simulating the "flashing light" effect. Some people can suffer a seizure as a result of blinking one's own eyes. Contrary to popular belief, this form of epilepsy is relatively uncommon, accounting for just 3% of all cases. In all other epileptics, such lights are no more capable of triggering a seizure than in a non-epileptic person.
A routine part of the EEG test involves exposing the patient to flickering lights in order to attempt to induce a seizure, to determine if such lights may be triggering a seizure in the patient, and to be able to read the wavelengths when such a seizure occurs.

my son is 6 years old and just had a seizure. The only thing that changed in our lifestyle was I bought him games which he played a lot the very first week. After getting the seizure, I packed up the game and put it up in the attic. The game I believe is responsible for this seizure. You should stop him from playing games. Sometimes, there little brain is not matured for all this intense video game environment.

My 11 year old starting having seizures when he 8 , , I was told sleeping seizures are sometimes they will grow out of them. Stress, Not enough sleep and not eating right is a fact with could be anyone at any age . His 11 now will be 12 next month. Hasn,t had one since May Thanks to the Lord. , and His Doctors at Childrens of Birmingham. his been on Keppra 1000 mg before bed. Pubertiy has sometimes I beleive a roll play of it, their brain is growing fastier than there bodies and take in more than the brain can hold so when they go to sleep their minds are still running in other words . Love , Patience, faith is all you can really do.