Hi. My child was diagnosed with epilepsy. She was prescribed with anti-epileptic drug called Keppra. Anyone had success with Keppra?

Hi. I was on Keppra to treat my condition. However, Keppra increased my seizures so I had to switch on Dilantin. Anyway, people who use Keppra should take it on regular base, in order to get the most benefit. Some people, when they feel better, want to stop taking the med. This is something they shouldn`t do. Before you stop taking the med, you have to use less and less of it. If you stop taking Keppra suddenly, the seizures will worsen. I hope Dilantin is the right med for me. It is hard enough when you suffer from seizures, but when they increase… I hope this will help you.

Hi. I began taking keppra 9 months ago. I AMA 33 year old female. At first it seemed okay. One month ago I had a grand mal while taking 500 mgs twice a day. The worst side effect is the Kepprage. I was on tegretol with controlled seizures for18 years until a generic switch left me having seizures for two weeks straight. The Nero switched me. I also have nightmares and developed shingles. Some people do have success though...look at the website copingwithepilepsy to find success stories. Everyones system is different. Also, I am congeneric which three nears and pharmacist insist it is exactly the same, but who knows...always better to go with fad approved brand name especially with seizures. Good luck with your daughter,