Hello!
In winter 2003 I had an accident while skiing. Since then I feel chronic pain in my right knee. I also have problem with meniscus. Do you know of any appropriate exercises that would be recommendable.

In my case (I had problem with meniscus ) doctr recommended me sport that involve little burden to knees, which is swimming, joga, taichi, golf. Not recommendable sports, involving ball (basketball, volleyball), because those sport involve lots of jumping, also not biking. Biking is the least recommendable and very hard for knees.

I've had chronic trouble with both knees and find yoga very helpful. My body has gotten stronger and leaner overall, with the added advantage of de-stressing the system. Also, my balance has improved and my thighs and legs are now stronger. You might consider approaching a yoga studio or look for a teacher in your area through the Yoga Alliance, a non-profit resource listing.

To build strength in the muscles around the knee joint, be careful to avoid longer poses with bent knees...you can gradually build up to these.

What is the Recovery time after op.

Will I be on crutches, if so how long for.