i had bladder sling surgery done in feb of 2007. Since then i have had to have surgery done 4 more times. i have a spot on the right side of my vaginal wall that has caused me a great deal of pain ever since the first surgery. It hurts all the time. I had the mesh on the right side of the sling removed because the doctor i was seeing thought that it was causing the pain, but it was not i was still in pain after the surgery and over a year later i am still in alot of pain. My husband and i did not have sex at all in 2007 because of the pain. We have only tried about 5 times this year and the pain during sex now is worse than it was before and now i have a slight bit of bleeding afterwards. i am at my wits end with this, the doctors i have seen can not find a reason for my pain. i have had all kinds of test and scans done and they cannot find anything so the want me to go to a pain clinic now and learn how to deal with it. i dont know what to do now. :'(

%-) Angie, my wife is having the exact same problem. She has had several scans, x-rays, MRI's, and a colonoscopy for the abdominal swelling. I insist to the doctors that there is something tearing that is causing the burning in her left pelvic region. It happened the first time two years ago. After about 5 doctors visit it just disapeared after she was on bed rest for a month. It has come back and she has been in pain for over a month. Her bladder lift failed twice before the first incident. I think the pain is related to that. Anyways, it was amazing reading your post and finding out you are getting the same results from the testing....nothing. My wife thinks she is just crazy now, but I see the swelling every day and then it is gone in the morning. By noon, she looks pregnant again. Our email is _[removed]_ if you discover anything.

angie wrote:

i had bladder sling surgery done in feb of 2007. Since then i have had to have surgery done 4 more times. i have a spot on the right side of my vaginal wall that has caused me a great deal of pain ever since the first surgery. It hurts all the time. I had the mesh on the right side of the sling removed because the doctor i was seeing thought that it was causing the pain, but it was not i was still in pain after the surgery and over a year later i am still in alot of pain. My husband and i did not have sex at all in 2007 because of the pain. We have only tried about 5 times this year and the pain during sex now is worse than it was before and now i have a slight bit of bleeding afterwards. i am at my wits end with this, the doctors i have seen can not find a reason for my pain. i have had all kinds of test and scans done and they cannot find anything so the want me to go to a pain clinic now and learn how to deal with it. i dont know what to do now. :cry:

Hi, I had a sling put on my bladder & I have had a lot of pain but no infection in the bladder. Now every time i urinate it hurts to where I alway & I mean alway come out of the bathroom with red eyes from urinating & pain at the same time. It is painful. I never finish urinating cuz it does not empty complete & I have to return & empty every 1/2 hr. What is going on. Did not find anything wrong with me. Isa :

I had my bladder sling lift put in Dec 9th. They told me to go a month without sex. We tried about 6 weeks afterward and it was the most painful time for me. There is a muscle in there that won't seem to let loose. Its like being a virgin except 10000 times worse. The doctor game me some extrace cream to put up there at night and once again hold off on the sex for a week. It has been a week and I am afraid to be disappointed again. %-)

angie wrote:

i completely understand how all of you are feeling... i have had pelvic pain since 1991 and had everything but a bladder sling done...that is my next step. pain managment is ok if you have dr that understands...it took til feb 2009 to find one that helps, however he is at his wits end with how to help me too. i will pray that you find relief and NEVER give up...someone has the wisdom to help those of us who suffer chronic pelvic pain

I had reconstructive vaginal wall, two slings for the bladder, and ovaries taken out 10/21/03, but the complications afterwards were horrible, six weeks after surgery I told the doctor it felt like I was sitting on ball back towards my tailbone, he said you're still healing. Two months after surgery, poking, my husband and myself, by 4th of July 2004, I sit on the floor at a family gathering, I went numb, had to be lifted up, doctor said come in, he said it was the sutures come loose. No pain medicine, it felt like he was pulling my insides out. It was metal strip he pulled from me, he had said the sutures were like fishing line. The same day, he ask about my sister in law, he had done surgery on in July 2003. We told him she passed away May 4, 2004. He liked to fell off his stool. He never wanted to see me anymore after that. In 2006 I had an infection, Echoli, had to be put on two antibiotics. I've had heart trouble, breathing problems, sinus problems that run into the lungs, bad headaches. During my surgery, I woke up, during, stopped breathing,they used the paddles on me. Before my surgery, he said my vaginal wall was turned wrong side out, and the bladder was literally coming out, so I had to have something done.

My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered during the recovery from this surgery. To the guest above, especially, I think it's been nice hearing from you and your experiences because it sounds like you had a tough time of it. I'm glad that you got over it and that you were able to recover from the surgery more or less okay. Does anyone else have any stories?

I had also a Sling Bladder surgery in Feb, 16, 2010; this weekend I being with abdominal pain on my left side, but after read all the posting I do not want to call my doctor just to avoid all future tests. I noticed when I rested on bed for few hours my pain lever is lower; I can't even walk when I am under this abdominal pain. I guess I will be on bed rest for a little while to see if my pain goes away. I am really sorry for all of you that are feeling same pain; I totally understand how this pain can be very annoying

I've called my dr. every week for the past 7 weeks. No one has an explaination as to why the left side of my abdomin hurts so bad. After being on my feet for a few days - I'm in bed for more than 24 hours. Unable to stand erect. Dr. office responds with take more motrin and give it more time. It's more than 8 weeks after surgery! Surgery cured all the problems, but left this new one.

I had the bladder sling procedure 11 days ago and I have pain in left lower abdomen after sitting or standing for more than 15 minutes. I am wondering if trutxn is better with that yet.

I have had 2 bladder slings. I wish I hadn't . The pressure is worse now then before. I can't be very far from a restroom. It's very difficult to have sex. It is very painful . My husband is very understanding but I know he is upset and he is afraid he is going to hurt me. All the creams they say to use burn. Dr.'s say maybe a hestorectomy would help. I do have fibroid tumors but I can't be sure this will fix the problem.. DOES ANYONE have any suggestion. I go to my regular Dr. in a few days so, I'm going to ask again to see yet another obgyn.

I had a bladder sling and lap surgery to remove adhesion's. My Doctor said that he thought one of the adhesion's he removed, that was attached to my bowel was my problem. I was okay for several weeks - only because I was unable to do anything - but now two months later after returning to normal activity I am in bad pain. My left groin area, my left leg has pain (bad pain) in it from the groin to my knee area. I also just this week have had severe abdominal swelling mostly in the afternoon and night. It looks as if I have swallowed a basketball. My husband notices it to so I know it's not just in my head.

I'm not sure what to do or if any of you may have an answer. I guess I will call my Doctor on Monday and see what he thinks.

i had the sling surgery almost 4 weeks ago, i have severe burning pain in the left pubic region.. it feels like i have a tampon inserted in my vagina adn when i sit up it feels like there is a wad of something on my left side... my Dr said it would feel wierd for awhile .. but i have talked to other people who said they feel nothing, no pain, discomfort anything.. i am afraid i tore something on my left side... i was on bed rest for 2days after surgery, then back to work..  

had anyone else had this burning pain or feeling like you cant stretch your legs without the pulling feeling and pain

I had a total hysterectomy and removal of right ovary, bladder sling, anterior and posterior repairs on May 20,2011. I have since been recovering fairly well except for when I overdo it. I had one particular experience where I went to my sons baseball games. One was at 6 and then another at 8. I made it through the first one fine but I had to spend the last half of my oldest son's game in the car due to pain. I had to go to the bathroom and I was able to make it there but after urinating I was unable to it back to my seat without severe pain in my right lower abdomen. I eventually had to have my youngest son go get my husband to help me back to my car. I was in tears by the time I made it back. I am thinking it has something to do with urinating but not sure. I was able to go to the bathroom slowly but ok and then I was unable to stand after wards. I called my doctor today to see if they could refill my pain meds and they said that since it has been 2 weeks I should be getting better. I don't feel I am. I am also tired of being lumped into the addict group because I have pain. I also had a problem this morning when I got up and had to urinate and I had so much pain and pressure and I was unable to go. I strained a little and then gave up. After being up for about 30 minutes I was finally able to go. I am desperate for answers. Please help me.

I feel all your pain I had a bladder sling put in May 11, 2011 and some scar tissue removed and was suppose to only be out of work for 2 weeks. I felt ok for a week and then I began to hurt I was going back in forth fron my Dr. to the ER I was having UTI's which I never had before the surgery and weeks went by I kept telling the I was hurting and I think it is from the sling my Dr. started getting very short with me when I finally told im to take it out cause it was hurting me and after a little arguing he finally did an ultrasound and my left ovary was nothing but a zest so he went in the next day and removed both ovaries due to he said was both bad that was April 22, 2011. I felt better for a few weeks with a little pain in my right and left pelvic area like before every now and then but I kept telling myself it was from the surgery Well the pain still comes and goes. I have returned back to work and still have the sharp pains that come and go. I have recently saw on TV about lawsuits about these bladderslings. Im not the person to go after someone but I can't keep living with this pain caused from what I believe can be removed and because the Dr is to proud to amitt it is the wrong thing for me. I just need some advice on what to do about all this.....