What causes groin and hip pain 4 months after hip replacement?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I am having the same symptoms 3 months after hip replacement. Are they telling you the implant looks fine and there is no infection. That's what my surgeon keeps telling me. He sent me for an MRI of the lumbar spine, thinking that I was having referred pain from that area. It came back normal. I have been going to physical therapy twice a week and have worse pain for 2 days after that, then I have to go again and it starts all over. I haven't gone for 5 days and haven't done any exercise at home and the pain seems less severe. My pain is on the outside of the hip right near the incision and less frequently in the groin. I still have muscle weakness and cannot walk without the cane, as I limp quite a bit.

I would like to know what type of pain you are experiencing and what the doctors are telling you. This is very frustrating. Did you have a lot of pain before your surgery?

I am not being given any answers really. I was seem by my Neurologist on last week he don't think it's coming from my back. I had a revision after to year of walking with a leg 3/4 longer than the other. Now I am having a burning sensation in my calf and on top of my foot and well as pain in the hip area itself. If you press on the insicion the pain goes to the top of the foot and side of the calf. I just wonder will this get better or is this something I have to learn to live with.

i had a hip replacement in april and felt fine with virtually no pain. for the past few weeks ive been getting pain where the scar is and also in my groin does anyone else suffer like me? i just hope that its not a permanent thingx

I had both hips replaced I am 38yrs. Old and have osteoarthritis which caused me to need hip replacements. I have severe pain where incisions are and in groin area. Pain in butt cheeks also. My Dr. Says nothing is wrong. I was made feel like I am just crazy and my second surgery was a year ago and I still hurt. Anyone else having same problem? Exercise makes me hurt also and I'm gaining weight due to pain

jewels91772 wrote:

crisco wrote:

Hi please email me and let me know how your doing, I too have had serious issues with my right hip resurfacing. since November of 2011 I am 49 and ccan not walk with out a cane, and no longer can do things with out my children helping me. I love my children dearly but this is so wrong, and very frustrating for me... ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

The dr tells me the same thing...I am seeing a specialist in August, and back to him a week later, they are going to do yet another EMG...I have very serious muscle weakness, can not hold my leg up or lift, pain is severe in groin tail bone area. Thanks Mary

I have a lot of pain in my butt cheek and in my groin and yes my surgeon says the replacement is fine. Funny right? It is not alright. Something is wrong I know my body. I have severe leg pain and now nerve pain in my leg and have checked my back and it has nothing to do with my leg pain. I get very frustrated. I also use a cane sometimes. I have extreme muscle weakness and often cannot stand or sit long. Very frustrated. Any advice or help appreciated. Thanks

I had hip replacement 4 months ago and still have a lot of pain upon standing and when I first start walking. When I lay down at night my hip, leg and foot start hurting. I have kidney disease so can't take anti inflammatories and the doctor will not give me pain medication. I am back to work full time and feel I'm almost worse off after the surgery. I hope it gets better because I can't live with this for the rest of my life.

I TOO AM HAVING PAIN AND NUMBNESS IN MY LEFT HIP WHERE I HAD THE ANTERIOR APPROACH TO HIP SURGERY, 4 MONTHS AGO. I LOOKED CASES UP ON THE INTERNET AND BELIEVE I HAVE SOMETHING CALLED PARESTHESIAS, WHICH MEANS NERVE DAMAGE WHERE THE ARTIFICIAL HIP WAS INSERTED. I SEE MY SURGEON TOMORROW AND PLAN TO CONFRONT HIM WITH MY FINDINGS.   M.G.

I am a 51 year old female had THR on 4/11/2012 ,I had and still have intense PT and I still have a limp ,butt pain and groin .

I never took any pain killers until right before my surgery and still have to take one in the morning and one in the evening ,I want to be pain  free and no pain meds ! Is anyone facing the same problems

J.S.

I am 64 and had THR on 4/2/12. I took pain meds for the first two months then nothing. My pain is just now starting to subside. Once I get up and walk a little the pain gets better, but getting to a standing position and taking those first 10 or so steps was very painful. Only this week did I really start feeling better. It has been along road and very depressing but things are looking up. Good luck to you.

I am in my 20's with RA. I had a THR in my left side in May. I was feeling fine till about 2 weeks ago. I am experiencing pain in the hip and discomfort near the incision I spoke with my sergeon who told me that a infection is very unlikely at this point. Who do I turn to next to figure out the problem?

Has anyone found any relief for the continuing pain?  I had my hip replacement over three years ago, and the pain is worse now than at any time.

I have the same symtems as yours and it's been nearly three years since my THP. After many checks and test nobody as any idea whays coursing the pain.

Jan.

I have the same symptoms as many here are describing.  I had THR on 5/11/12 recovery went pretty fast I was walking with out a cane by 2 1/2 weeks and have no limp but my hip gives me trouble at night and is very stiff in the am, plus I am starting to feel the same pain and before the replacement.   I read one entry about nerve pain I will look into any thing else anyone has found would be appreciated I am sick of this and want to feel better.