Hello! My doctor introduced lavimidine and some other medications too and one of them is hepsera – I am not sure if I have written its name properly, but I hope you will know what I mean. A friend of mine used this combination of medicines too and he was not well, can you tell more about lavimidine and hepsera combined treatment?

Hi! You wrote Hepsera correctly but instead Lamivudine you wrote Lavimidine which is wrong – but this is not a problem since I know which medicine you were thinking about.
Lamivudine is used to treat HIV infection and Lamivudine (Epivir –HBV) is used to treat hepatitis B infection by stopping the spread of HBV viruses as well as Lamivudine of HIV viruses. You didn’t precise which one you are using. Hepsera is used for treatment of hepatitis B and it is sometimes used in combination with Lamivudine in order to reduce HBV DNA and normalize ALT levels in patients with lamivudine-resistant virus. Maybe your results showed the resistance to Lamivudine, so your doctor decided to introduce Hepsera too.
Around two thirds of patients showed resistance to Lamivudine after four years of therapy. I think your doctor knows what the best combination for you is.