Hello! My brother has been diagnosed hepatitis few days ago and his doctor prescribed hepsera. I hope that this medicine will cure this infection and that he will be healthy again. Whole family was in shock when we heard that he suffers from hepatitis. He was so healthy young man. Will hepsera start working quickly?

Hi! I don’t know if I understand you correctly. If your brother has been prescribed Hepsera then he is diagnosed chronic hepatitis since this medicine is indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B with evidence of active viral replication. I think you should talk to him and his doctor to explain little bit more this infection to you. Regarding "working" of Hepsera (adefovir) it is shown that peak adefovir plasma concentration occurs between 30 minutes to four hours. I think also that your brother already knows that he has to take Hepsera every day, as his doctor told him to.