Hello! I am positive to hepatitis B. The moment I found out I started with my therapy and didn’t break at all. I have been using Epivir. At first, the level of the virus in my blood was going down but then after some time my doctor said it would be good to introduce another drug to fasten this decrease. He gave me Hepsera. Now, I have been taking Epivir and Hepsera for 1,5 years without virus elimination.

Hi! Well, Hepsera and Epivir are really good medicines for hepatitis B but you have to know that sometimes it is necessary to change medicines and their combination since the virus develops resistance after longer period of treatment. Hepsera is usually used when a patient shows resistance to Epivir (Lamivudine) and it was actually found as an alternative drug. But there is also another very good medicine that showed superiority in many studies to Hepsera and Epivir, it’s Entecavir (Baraclude). As you see there is always an alternative. Of coiure you have to talk to your doctor firs and discuss all options.