Hello! My brother was diagnosed Hepatitis B some time ago. The whole family was really in shock when he told us. He felt terrible at first, especially when he found that he infected his girlfriend too, but then he started to recover. I really don’t know which medicines he used but yesterday he told me his doctor prescribed Hepsera. Is there anyone with experience with Hepsera for chronic Hepatitis B?

Hello! A close friend of mine has used Hepsera for some time and as I know the effects were really good. He reached the point where his own immune system kept the virus from multiplying and his result are good now. Hepsera is used in treatment of chronic hepatitis B. Of course, it doesn’t cure it and it does not reduce the risk of spreading the virus to others. It stops the virus for multiplying and helps stopping liver damage. My friend used to take it 10 mg once daily since his renal function was adequate. If a patient has kidney problems the dose and schedule may be reduced.