Hello! My husband has been diagnosed Hepatitis B and he has been using Hepsera for six months now. We are married for three years, but still without children. Actually, we were waiting for the right moment. I was unemployed; then we moved to the new house, than he got sick and no time for baby at all. Last few months he has been talking about having children, but, I don’t know if we can try for a baby while he is using Hepsera?

Hi! Well, this is a serious question for your doctor and it should be carefully considered. It actually depends on many factors and I can’t give you the right answer since I don’t know all the facts, for example if you are also infected or not, how is your husband current health condition, etc…. As you probably know Hepsera doesn’t cure hepatitis B and it doesn’t prevent spreading it to others, which means if you are not infected you could get the virus while trying to have a baby. And there are no studies with data how Hepsera affects pregnancy and the effects of virus’s transmission from mother to infant are also not known.