Hello! My brother is suffering from hepatitis B and his health condition changes from time to time. Sometimes he feels good and sometimes he feels bad. He has started taking some herbal products but I don't think they help him much. I have talked with our neighbor and he said Hepsera is very good in treatment of hepatitis B, but I have never heard of it. Anyone heard of Hepsera?

Hi! Hepsera is a medicine prescribed by doctors used in treatment of chronic hepatitis B in adults. You should know that it does not cure hepatitis B and the risk of spreading the virus to other people is not reduced by taking this medicine. It blocks the enzymes needed for replication of the virus and stops its multiplying. It also improves the condition of the liver. Optimal duration of treatment with Hepsera is unknown and it is usually taken once daily in recommended dose of 10 mg. If your brother has any problems with his kidneys he should report it to his doctor since it could affect the dosage.