Hi! My cousin has been diagnosed hepatitis B and she is still doing some blood tests. Yesterday she checked her kidneys and liver and she is waiting for her results now. Her doctor says he will prescribe needed medications as soon as he gets all the results. Then, he says he will choose the right therapy for her. I heard Hepsera is very good in treatment of hepatitis b, isn't it?

Hello! You are right in one part of your statement saying Hepsera is good in treatment of hepatitis B, but you missed one word – chronic. Hepsera is used in treatment of chronic infection of hepatitis B and I don't think this is the case with your cousin. As her doctor said he would choose the right medication for her according her blood results and her overall health condition. He will also explain everything to her, dosage and schedule, potential side effects, etc…So, don't worry, her doctor will decide on the best possible therapy.