Hello! My sister is diagnosed hepatitis B and her doctor has prescribed some medications to her. I really don't know which exactly, but she told me that her insurance covers them. I heard that hepsera is a great medicine for chronic hepatitis B, but I am not sure if my sister can afford it since I heard it is rather expensive; 30 tablets around $700. Does insurance cover Hepsera?

Hello! Well, this is difficult question. I don't know if your sister has private or public insurance and which one is it. As you know there are many differences between them. I think the best would be that your sister addresses Reimbursement counselors and got the right information. As I am informed there is also possibility to provide Hepsera free of charge to those people who don't have insurance and are very poor. I don't know where do you live but I am sure that you will find counselor who will provide the right information for you.