Hello, I am 57 years old, female. I have been experiencing lower abdominal fluttering for three weeks now. It is very annoying and it is making me very anxious. I have already been diagnosed for IBS.I checked the pulse and it is normal during these episodes. I‘ve on echo few weeks ago and I am worried that it may be the reason for this feeling. Is there any hope?

Well I don’t know really what to tell you .I felt abdominal fluttering once but it was caused by irritation of lower abdominal musculature. There is a possibility of compression or inflammation of thoracic nerve root, if the description or distribution of the sensation was in a more band like pattern around the abdomen. That can be evaluated with a limited EMG study as far as I know. Please ask for second opinion.

I have this lower abdominal fluttering for almost 8 years mostly at night when i am suddenly awaken. It started 8 years ago and it has continued every night for 3-5 times per night. I am concluding that it is not a serious condition since it has not affected my daily life and physical health, only some discomfort and sleeplessness.