i have lower right abdominal pain with lower severe back pain and rectal bleeding , and dizziness made worse by moving around , please help

Angie,

How long have you had this pain? Can you describe the abdominal pain? What helps these pains feel better? How long has the rectal bleeding been going on on for and how severe?

What makes the dizziness better or worse?

What is your general health like?

Lots of questions but they will help us help you.

hi , thanks for replying , i have had lower back pain for about 6 months , the abdominal pain came on about 2 weeks ago , it is like somebody has got hold of my insides and is tearingthem apart , i feel this pain more when im moving around , sat down i am okay , the rectal bleeding started about the same time as the abdominal pain , let me exp;ain about this ...i have had constipation for about 25yrs , the doctor gave me supposotories for this which i used about 5 times a week , so i dont know if they have caused damage or not , anyway about 4 weeks ago i had a bout of very loose stools and this lasted about 3 days , this was accompanied by lots of realy smelly wind since ,then my body has returned to its normal constipation , i also have a really nasty taste in my mouth....just being active makes the dizziness worse

Have you had the lower back pain evaluated? It is difficult to say if they are related due to the 6 month window.

For the abdominal pain, the primary objects to focus upon would be the appendix or the colon. Have you been evaluated by a doctor? My initial concern would be an inflamed appendix. If this is the case it could eventually rupture. It could also be a form of diverticulitis or an anal fissure.

Angie, when was the last time you saw your doctor? Both of these issues need to be evaluated. I would expect a colonoscopy to be performed to determine the source of the bleeding. It is possible that your dizziness is due to anemia, from the blood loss or due to the pain.

The nasty taste could be related to the medicine you are on or it could be due to GI reflux.

Further testing is necessary. Please make a detailed list of your history and the current symptoms for your doctors to review it will help them locate the source of the pain and bleeding. Angie, I would not put this off. The earlier you identify the source of the problem the better the outcome will be.

Wish I could offer you more. Please keep us updated.

hi , thank you , i have seen the doctor and i am being tested for helicobacter pylori , the results are not back yet . the dr does not seem too interested in my backache only in my abdomen. it is not appendix they were removed when i was 17 , i am now 50, i could think anal fissure because i have lived with constipation for 25yrs my urine smells like fecas , but would that cause all my symptoms , i do have anaemia , i am on iron tablets for this and have been for a year , so couldnt think it be iron deficiency , i am writing on here because i think the doctors wrong

I won't get into whether your doctor is right or wrong but I am a bit puzzled. H. Pylori is common in upper GI issues, not commonly lower.

Have you had a colonoscopy recently? What color is the blood that you're observing? Do they know the cause of your anemia?

to be clear I am not thinking anemia is the cause of your bleeding, instead the anemia is as a result of this bleeding.

If you have any doubt about your treatment please consider a second or even a third opinion. You are seeing a GI specialist?

hi , no i have never had a colonoscoy , the doctor is going to send me for one next , he said , he is just waiting for my results of my test for h.pyoli to come back first . the blood i observe is bright red and it gushes out before i pass a bowel movement. no the doctors never bothered looking to see what is causing my anaemia , he just gave me iron pills , but that was a year maybe 18 months ago , long before i had the problems i have now

Bright red tells me that the blood is coming very low in your GI tract, most likely the colon, rectum, or anus. When you say "gushes" how much approximately?

I would think that a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy would be indicated regardless of the results of your H. pylori test.

Do you feel anything tearing when this happens? Can you describe any feelings?

What kind of doctor are you seeing? Is he/she a specialist in GI?

hi , i probably gush about 3/4 tablespoons full , no i do not feel any tearing , the only time i feel tearing in my abdomen is when i stretch, i live in england so the doctor i am seeing is just a general practitioner , not a specialist

I'd really like for you to have that colonoscopy sooner rather than later.

Have you been checked for hermorrhoids? These are occur commonly with constipation and can explain the blood.

Make sure you thoroughly review your symptoms with the doctor. The bleeding should be a concern especially in light of your anemia. All of these symptoms may be related but I can not say for sure.

Have they tested for fecal occult blood? Blood in your stools?

My areas of concern (hi to low)

1. Bleeding, 3/4 tablespoon of blood.
2. The abdominal pain
3. Source of the anemia (is it due to the blood loss).
4. The lower back pain.

Angie, how are you doing?

I have the same symptoms. I had a colonoscopy two weeks ago. Nothing was found except the signs of chronic constipation. I was on Zelnorm for 2 years until they took it off the market. I had no side effects and it worked well for me.

The bleeding started right after I had my scope done. At first it was just a little and today I thought I had diarrhea and it was actually blood.

I am not dizzy but I have lower right hand pain with spasms in the same area.

Hi, I have been experiencing sharp pain or pressure on the right side of my abdomen. It comes and goes especially when i am constipated and when i have rectal bleeding. there were times i have rectal bleeding even when i was seated for long hours. what is the cause of the right side abdominal pain? i know the bleeding is due to anal fissure too. but why does it bleed even when im seated. actually when it bleeds, the blood volume is like when i have menstrual period that penetrates to my pants. it just stops when i cleanse with water.