This is really hard to explain. I have this sensation in my left-chest area that feels sort of like a "flutter," but yet not. It reminds me of the sensation of when a circuit is short-circuiting in the on/off -- on/off phase, or better yet the way a phone feels when you have it in your pocket and set to vibrate..the on/off -- on/off thing. There is no pain, but the sensation is there and getting more persistent.

I read your post and wanted to write as I have the exact same symptoms as you mention; in fact I was amazed as I read your description about the phone being on vibration... This is how I always described it myself! Have you learned anything about this? It's been bothering me for some time now and decided to do some research on the net before heading to the doctor. I would appreciate it if you had anything to share. My email: ******* -- Many thanks - Tony

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I am wondering if anyone has information about this buzzing sensation in my chest because I am clueless as to what it might be and slow to see a physician without an inkling of what might be going on...THanks

I have a buzzing sensation in and around my left breast/chest area it is pretty regular and disturbing as it is new and I don't know if its some kind of warning sign of something... ANybody have any ideas??

Did 8-| anyone find a reason for this "fluttering sensation" I'm 36 and yes I am overweight, however the fluttering has been steady for about 2 weeks I tried to see my doctor but can't schedual a app untill the June 30th. I don't want to go to the ER but it is getting me worried.

Hello, has anyone found a reason for the fluttering beside the left side chest area. I am 36 and yes I am overweight, I have had the same sensation for over 2 weeks. I have tried to make an appt to see my Dr. but will not be ale to untill after June 30th. Thie "fluttering" is staring to worry me.

same description: buzzing/vibrating sensation in left breast/chest

I too am having this it just started over the weekend. It doesnt happen all the time, it comes and goes. I never know when it is going to happen but it makes me nervous. I am however going to go get my back adjusted and go from there. I have been exposed to lots of knowledge about the spine and how it affects other parts of the body. So, if this works I will post it. Nothing at this point can hurt. I dont have insurance and dont go to the dr but a back adjustment is only $20.00. I will reply.

I am a 44 year old male and have had this fluttering in my chest for a very long time. four months ago it became more agressive throughout the day so i saw my doctor and he sen me for some tests EKG, ECHOCARDIAGRAM, and a 24 hour moniter. everything came back ok. last friday my wife and i were walking in sams shopping and I had this fluttering in my chest and became very dizzy almost blacking out and felt like someone was squeezing my entire body. I became very weak and started sweating heavily.i spent 2 days in the hospital having a cat scan of my brain,chest xrays,all kinds of bloodwork,arteries in my neck scanned,thiroid checked and a nuclear stress test and nothing was found. this is driving me crazy I need to know what is causing this and get it fixed. my colesteral and trigliserides were a little high and i have high blood pressure but my entire stay in the hospital it was nearly perfect.I am currently wearing a 30 day moniter in hopes of finding what this is .

I have been having the quivering/vibrating sensation described (more notable in left breast) off and on for months now. Has anyone had any "luck" finding out what it might be?
When I'm using my laptop at night, I have a bad habit of slumping down in bed, resting the laptop on my stomach (up against my breats). I've felt computer "electricity" from another person (a number of times) who was touching their laptop and my arm at the same time (they felt it too). Anyone care to weigh in on computer proximity and symptoms? I'm going to experiment and note any difference.

The sensations disappeared within an hour after removing the computer (from my lap) and leaving the room. If anyone is sensitive to electromagnetic fields, then other EMF-emitting devices (tv's, phones, etc.) could contribute to the sensations. I obviously can't be sure yet if I attribute my symptoms to this, but it's worth considering and easy to keep testing.

I also had strange sensations on the left hand side of my chest over 6 months ago. I sweated a lot and felt incredibly tired and weak and fainty. I had gas etc. I had threadmill test for heart and other tests but they showed nothing. my doctor now thinks it might be to do with digestion and put me on some ulcer treatment which did help even though he said I did not have ulcers. Recently I found adding fibre to my diet has helped a lot with the fluttering. I think if you have a sensitive stomach, stress etc will make it worse.

Hello, I too found this thread searching about the buzzing sensation that comes and goes in my left upper chest muscle. Wondering how you have been doing since your 30-day monitoring.

I've had the fluttering sensation in my chest for a number of years now. I keep going to the doctor, they keep running all these tests and the only thing they came up with is that I have a heart murmur. So after hearing this diagnosis from my primary physician I decided to see a cardiologist for a second opinion.He said my heart is fine and sometimes its the electrical conduction of my heart triggering. This was 3 years ago. I find that when I drink caffeine, stressed or anxious, it comes more frequent (once a day lasting 5+ seconds vs. once a week). I'm in graduate school and it seems to be getting worse. I try not to worry about it too much but sometimes it is scary. Sometimes after the fluttering sensation my body gets weak, its like a shock to my system. They told me to have an Echo every 5 years b/c of the murmur, but i think I may have to go soon. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I am 50 and just started getting this flutter in my left chest area in the last week. Does anyone know what it is? I do not want to go to the doctor and would love to find out here first.