For nearly a week now i have been suffering with bad lower abdominal pain that is sometimes in the lower back too (feels like period cramps)! I was taken into hospital last week with pains so severe i couldn't even stand. After urine test and blood test nothing conclusive was found except blood in urine, my white cell count was up as well as some protein in my urine. All this pointed to infection. So doctor sent me on my way with antibiotics saying it was probably a water infection.

I have no problems with passing urine, no pain, no urgency with that area - all seems fine there!

So i accepted this diagnosis anyway, but after nearly completing my antibiotics, the pain is still there (not as severe). It occurs more after exercise or end of the day! Sometimes the pain shoots down my legs.

It could just be an infection but i am not convince that it's a water one! Maybe i'm wrong?!

I would love some advice on this...also for nearly two weeks i've been suffering with very tender breasts, and felt like i was coming on my period! I am not due till this Friday! Whether this helps or not, but thought would give as much info to help with more thorough advice!

I am on the contraceptive pill, though missed two at the beginning of the packet (disruption in routine - long story) I did have intercourse during this time!

Anyway, i have done a pregancy test and it has come back negative! Phew.

If you haven't fallen asleep by now - please advise or comment with your thoughts.

Many Thanks :-)

Hi: To me it sounds like a Kidney infection more than a bladder infection, especially because it goes into your back. When you are dealing with your kidneys, they usually require stronger anitbiotics than a bladder or UTI! So wait till the end of this, go back and have another test.

NOW!!!! Another thing to make you worried o.O you could be pregnant!!! Your symptoms can mean either your period coming on, OR the early signs of pregnancy. The pill is only 99% affective, and missing each day increases your odds. So wait till Friday and hope that your period comes. ALSO another thing, anitbiotics can wipe out the effectiveness of the pill by up to %50!!!!!!! So just be careful. I know it sounds weird, but let me know if you get your period. And hopefully your "infection" goes away soon. Good luck!

It seems like there are a lot of guesses as to what this issue could be. Bambi27 has posted two of them, but another possible issue is it could be a bowel problem as well. I know that if you are having issues with digestion or something along those lines that you can experience lower back pain. So in either case, it is a good idea to see your doctor about this issue again and if the diagnosis doesn't change, ask for a second opinion. Keep us posted!

I am not a doctor but I too suffer for nearly 6 months with undiagnosed abdominal pains with terrible lower back pain and tenderness/pain in left breast. I have had dozens of tests done and they found nothing structually wrong. I have researched so much to help myself and found an article about a teenage girl that suffered with the same symptoms for three months. After CT scans, MRI's, bloodtests, so on and so forth, she was labled crazy. One doctor took a stab at a long shot and nailed her problem right on the nose. He gave her a nerve block that took away all the pain instantly. It turns out, that her back pain, and severe abdominal pains were from an entrapped nerve. It is always good to get a second opinion and never be afraid to tell a doctor ALL of your symptoms even if you think they are not involved or even if they are gross. They have heard and seen worse. You should get a doctor to order a CT scan of your belly just to be safe. If your belly is normal on the scan, go to a neurosurgeon and ask for an MRI of the area on your back that is painfull. You may have a compression of a nerve. This is all speculation, but I feel for you as I have suffered 6 months and have seen 10 specialists with 4 ER trips and no results. I am awaiting insurance to allow me to go to a University level hospital out of state. 6 months ago I am a healthy 38 year old and now I am in bed most days. Pain is your brains way of telling you something is wrong. It may be nothing and something that just has to work itself out, but better to be safe than sorry in the long run. Don't let anyone tell you that the pain is all in your head. Best of luck.

Hello, me again...one thing I forgot to mention is the posibility of an Ovarian cyst. They cause abdominal pain as well as lower back pain. Going to a Gyno may be useful too. Good luck!

Very good point blynn07! It might actually be that - the ovarian cyst. It is usually located in the front though, and be excrucation, but because you have nerves that wrap around your belly, it might just be that. Witht he pain in the back though I was thinking Kidneys. There are SO many things that be hurt in one place but show up in another, like if you have a pinched nerve in your neck and your feel it in your arm!! Leet us know how you are doing Meerkatt!

Hello ladies to all of you who are having the same problems as Meerkat,what every woman needs to know is that bad periods pain and length is not how it goes with us,Meerkat if you when to and emergency room that what they will always tell us. Those symptoms are not always a urinary or kidney infection,please go tp you ob/gyn and tell them you want to be screened for Endometriosis this has happend to me the doctors for years had told me urinary infections and on my fourth doctor a woman doc it was found out that was what I have, and after all those years of misdiagnosing I had to have a hysterectomy it was to late for me. I don't want that to happen to my fellow sisters, it wa also found out after the surgery when my pain got worse and started to go down my legs and I could not walk esp. In the morning that I also have Lumar Spondylosis and Lumbo Sacral Radiculitis it has been a long road for me and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel of cronic pain after Three surgeys and endless injections in my back and hundreds of dr appointments 5 years worth. Demand these test and do not suffer this way. All you Ladies with stomach pain and severe lower back pain. Good Health and Good Luck on Your Journey.
Angelacolor=red] :) :)

I would definitely check for endometriosis. Symptoms sound quite similar to mine.