I am only 16 years old and I'm having a very odd fluttering sensation in my abdomen. It's been going on for about 3 or 4 days now maybe 10 times a day. It's in my upper left abdomen right underneath my rib cage. It worries me, but maybe I'm just paranoid. I'm sure it's just a muscle spasm or something, but it is extremely irritating.

Does anyone know any information on this particular subject?

I am 43 years old and have the same fluttering in my upper left side of my abdomen. No pain of any kind...just a fluttering sensation off and on throughout the day...any ideas?

I'm having this same issue on my right side, right under my rib cage. It kind of feels like when I was pregnant and I could finally feel my son kicking. Very weird!

I am having the same thing, fluttering on the left, upper side of my abdomen - right under my rib cage. It started yesterday and is still going on sporadically today as well. It feels like a kicking baby, but I am not pregnant. It's also not seemingly related to gas. Very strange. My doctor husband said it could be peristalysis (spelling?) basically the squeezing motion the intestines make to get the food to move through, but I'm not sure that's what it is since I went without breakfast to see if it would stop (it didn't).

I will keep checking back to see if anyone writes more - I am curious!

Just yesterday I started feeling a fluttering sensation in my left upper quadrant area, below my ribcage. I passed it off to gas in my bowels, yet 18 hrs later, I still have the sensation, a little more predominant in the same exact place. It really does feel like a baby kicking... Freaked me out a little. Now it is really just annoying. I feel silly calling a doctor, but it is bothering me not knowing if this is something minor like a muscle twitch or major like a tumor. I am glad I am not the only one with this sensation.

has any body found an answer to their twing or butterfly flutter?I have the same.started this time yesterday.feels like a baby kick but up high and I am not expecting.Then it feels sharp for only a split second like a yabbie ?lobster crawling inside my upper abdomen .very anoying and a touch worriying.I am over weight and 45yrs.old female.

Oh good I am so happy that other people have felt this "kicking" sensation! My son is 6 months old and I was getting really paranoid that somehow I was pregnant. It really is such a weird sensation that feels like a kicking baby! anyway im glad to see it's probably just gas and looks quite common from what ive read!

Im glad im not the only one, i also thought i was also pregnant again -- ( jusy had a baby 7 months ago so not really ready for another one) will keep looking for a answer and get back to you if i find one!!!

I have been feeling that weird sensation on my left upper abdomen as well. It is so weird that it happens most of the times when I am standing infront of the sink and the water is on. It feels like it is dancing with the water????Weird. I told my roommate maybe I swallowed some kind of fish now it wants to get out of my system everytime it hears water. A few times it happened when I was standing in front of the stove, which is on the right of the sink and the faucer is not on. I am thinking may be it is fat on my belly -- my belly gained weight but it is weird. I have had gas but this is not gas I am pretty sure. Any doctor out there that can answer these questions posted about this weird sensation?

I am glad to see that there are others having the same type of symptoms. I am 43 years old and have been very healthy all of my life and don't like feeling paranoid about little aches and pains. There is no pain involved other than the probing that I do with trying to figure out what is wrong. The sensation is that of a fluttering (2" X 3" section) in the upper left side, right below the bra line. I was wondering if it had something to do with the spleen being enlarged? My health insurance does not begin for another 6 days, so I hope that it is not something that will require immediate attention. I would be very interested in hearing from someone who has had this condition diagnosed.

I am glad that there are others that are having the same type of symptoms. I am 43 years old and have been very healthy all of my life and do not like feeling paranoid about little aches and pains. The major symptom that I have been experiencing for the last 24 hours is a fluttering(2x3" section) on the left upper side at the base of the bra line. There is no pain involved other than the probing that I do in trying to figure out what is wrong. Could it have anything to do with the spleen? My health insurance does not begin for another 6 days, so I hope that this condition does not require immediate attention. I would be very interested in hearing from someone that has had this condition diagnosed, so I can rest easy tonight.

I have the same sensation for the last 3 months. I only feel it when Im sitting and bending a bit forward
strange. I dont know what it is

Hi, I have the same thing, did you get any answers

i too, have just started to feel the same thing in my upper left abdomen right under my rib cage. it is soooo annoying. its the same thing when i try to sleep. i thought if i just layed down ans breathed deeply and relaxed it would go away... happened all through the night. this sensation happens every 2-5 mins all day. its just irritating.

Finally, I've searched the web for anyone else with these strange sensations. I've felt a twitching (like when I started feeling my 2 past pregnancies start to move in my uterus). It's always about 4-5 inches down my belly button. I'm not pregnant and always had my period. I've felt this for about 2 years already. My youngest is 4 years old. I feel this flutter almost every day. Sometimes I could swear I can feel it slightly if I place my hand over my lower abdomen and just wait for the twitch. What can it be? I don't know if it's a muscle spasm or sometimes I freak out and think it's a parasite. I'm very healthy and don't have any other symptoms. Any ideas?