Hello. I am 48 year old female and for the last two months I have been experiencing some kind of fluttering in the upper abdomen. My period has been irregular for two years now and I have been having occasional night sweats and been very moody. I was wondering if this fluttering may be associated with menopause as well or should I see a doc about it.

Well, I did have some fluttering in the chest when my hormones started declining but I am not sure if this is the same. Do you have any other symptoms? When I first started experiencing menopausal symptoms, my doctor recommended I started drinking whey. I have been drinking it every day for the last two years and suffered few menopause symptoms. However, upper abdomen and chest are not the same spot, so I would suggest you saw a doc just in case as upper abdomen pain could indicate problems with gallstones and pancreas and who knows what else.

I am 56 and am having similar symptoms. It wakes me up in the middle of the night 4 to 5 times. Its like a butterfly tingling....excitement sensation. It starts in the core of my upper belly and pushes through into my legs. Then I'll have a hot flash followed by a mild or moderate sweats. Whats up with that! No one seems to have an answer, not even my doctor. Is this menopause or anxiety???